chasing cars

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

Rydel and Ellington have been together for about a year. They learned that all they ever needed was each other. Their fans meant the world to them but they couldn't tell them just yet. They wanted as much privacy as they could get. But sometimes they couldn't keep their love in.

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

They had some fans that would never get their love. They got it, how could they out of all people fall in love with each other. But sometimes Rydel couldn't take it and had little outbursts, but everytime Ellington calmed down the angry blonde by telling her that they only need each other.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Every once and a while, they would ignore the fans and all their hatred and embrace the fans with the love. But sometimes they would ignore everyone except each other.

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

It all had started with feelings. Ellington had been single for a couple months and Rydel along with Ellington had felt their feelings for each other spike over the last couple of months. They just had trouble expressing them.

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

The first couple I love you's had felt foreign but they had become comfortable with ending every sentence to each other with I love you. But at times that didn't cut it, nothing cut it for the way they feel about each other.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

When Ellington looks at his life he is very happy that when him and Rydel are alone it is just about them. Not about R5, not about fans, not about the past. Just about them.

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Since before Rydel could remember she wanted to find someone who she could grow old and wrinkly with. Now that she has Ellington those chances have become big and fat.

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

Ellingtons and Rydels time together goes by lightning fast. No matter what the occasion is, they wish the day had more hours.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

To Ellington, Rydel was the person who told you everything and listened to everything. She talks a lot to Ellington, He talks a lot to Rydel. They remind them of the best of their relationship.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Fights. They single most horrible word in the couples vocabulary. They had them. Ellington let Rydel win the ones that she gets into just to see her happy with herself. But sometimes they have to be alone and forget the fight just to be happy with their relationship.

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

They know exactly what love stories were and how different theirs is. In love stories the relationship is there to be bragged about. Rydel honestly is at times envious of those stories but she knows that their love story was the best.

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

Ellington, Ross, Riker, Rocky, Stormie, Mark, and the fans can see how perfect Rydel is. They all can see it but Rydel cannot, she doesn't know why she feels that way. The only perfect thing that Rydel has no doubt in is her relationship. Her first relationship.

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

Life sucks. It really does but when Rydel and Ellington have so much faith in themselves and everything life doesn't suck as much for them. They know that and will cherish there faith.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Rydel and Ellington love each other. And nothing can stop that.

chasing cars by snow patrol