Questioning

"I'm so excited to go out, I feel like we've been stuck inside forever!" I exclaim to Anali, fastening the clasp to my heels. She rolls her eyes at me and tilts her head at me, examining my outfit choice.

"Are you sure that's what you want to wear? You're going to complain about your feet hurting all night, and what's going on with those pants?" Anali asks.

"Look, the shoes are cute. And the pants are breezy, it'll keep me cool while I'm dancing and show off my legs."

Anali's eyes trace my outfit again, this time clinging to how my body looks in it. "No, I know. But when I see that, all I can think of is how much easy access there is to your ass and your pussy. And if I'm thinking it, so will the creeps at the club." I look at her, seeing her pupils expand the longer she looks at me. I check the mirror to see her perspective. The pants are baggy harem pants, but have open slits on the side. The bottom of the leg has to be tied, and the top stops almost where my underwear starts. She's right—it looks like easy access. But I don't want to admit I'm wrong, and I don't care enough to change.

"Have you considered maybe you're only thinking that because you were thinking about my body before I put my pants on?" I ask Anali. She doesn't meet my eyes as she fastens her hoops into her ears. "No, I'm for real right now. I get that you're figuring yourself out, but I'm not. You promised you'd be my wingman tonight, so please do not sabotage it. I need to get laid!"

"Don't I know it," she grumbles under her breath, grabbing her purse. "The Uber's here, let's go!" Anali grabs my hand and pulls me out of our apartment, and we hurriedly rush through the cool air to a sleek blue Toyota. Anali holds the door open for me, and we get into the car.

After she confirms the destination with our driver, Anali settles into the seat next to me. "I'm not gonna sabotage anything for you. And I appreciate your patience while I'm figuring out my sexuality. I know the blatant objectification and innuendos from me have been a lot lately, and I know I've been coming on too hard especially since you're straight. I'm just really attracted to you, but that's not an excuse. We're gonna find someone for you so you can get all your frustration out on them," Anali says, reaching out her hand as a peace offering. I take it and squeeze it reassuringly, showing all is forgiven.

I ponder her words, about the frustrations I may have. They only stem from sexual frustration, that I can think of. I have never questioned my sexuality before, but Anali's constant flirting lately combined with how good she looks with her blond hair draped over her bare shoulder has me questioning, too. I told her I only wanted to look for men tonight. I also told her I was certain I was straight. At this point, I'm not even sure I'm adequately groomed for a hookup, or if I wore enough perfume or too much or—

"Hey, your heart is racing. Are you okay?" Anali asks. I nod my head "yes," then stop myself.

"No. I just—it's been so long. What if I forgot how to do everything. What if everyone thinks I look too slutty and no one wants me? What if I smell or taste bad?" I say. Anali smiles slowly.

"Do you trust me?" She asks, blinking her pale blue eyes. My heartbeat starts to slow and I nod again. This is my best friend, and I know she'll have my back. "Okay, so just let me rationalize to you for a minute. Just relax and go with it, okay?"

With that, Anali leans forward and kisses me. I jerk back out of surprise, and she catches my chin with her hand. "Ah, ah; just go with it." She pulls my lips back to hers, and slips her hand to my hips. She squeezes my hip and I gasp, then surprise myself by pulling her closer to me. She uses my gasp as an opportunity to slip her tongue between my lips, flicking it against mine. My tongue moves against hers, and my hip starts to feel like it's on fire where she's touching me.