Spray paint and Paper // Jay & Dimiri

heya again, i wanted 2 write again bc i 4got how much thoughts i b thinkin @ night..yes these r my ocs n they're precious
•••
2 identify them, jay is an inkling and dimiri is an octoling (picture is up). Jay uses yellow ink and is deaf (for this his txt is him signing). Dimiri is purple..thats it, he also dropped out.
•••
No ones POV
-
Jay walks out of the school with books in his hands and a backpack full of unneeded items. He was finally out of the meeting with his classmates after school for a project. Honestly tiring but he got it done and ready for the presentation tomorrow. He pulls out his phone to see if his ride is coming soon, not yet. He was a junior and wasn't able to drive yet, no time.

He sighs and sits at a bench near the entrance. Once he places his books and folders on the bench, the loose papers fell. A lot of them. Then his bag dropped, a loud bang from his computer could be heard from it. Then papers from in there started to fall. "Dang it.."

He picked up the papers and books, it was a lot. When he turned he saw some paint on his papers, it wasn't paint paint. It was spray paint, Jay then saw the spray bottles on the floor and a bag of them. He turns again to see a familiar purple octoling. Jay was terrified when he saw him, again, he was deaf and didn't hear him. Dimiri was confused because he was talking to him with no response, then it clicked in his head and remembered he was deaf.

"Oh my god I forgot, I'm sorry if I frighten you." Dimiri signs, poorly due to the paper in his hands. "Oh no, it's alright. You know how to sign?" Jay says. "Yes I do, my grandma is deaf as well." Dimiri smiles. "Well thank you for helping me." Jay brings out his hands so he can grab the other ones Dimiri picked up.

He puts the books and papers in his bag including the computer. Dimiri goes back to what he was doing after, It grabs Jay's attention. Jay waves his hands so he can grab Dimiri's attention instead. "Oh what are you doing? Your art is nice.." Jay signs "I'm spray painting, i've been doing for quite awhile after I...dropped out." Jay couldn't tell his expression, it was hard for him to tell because of the mask Dimiri was wearing.

Jay comes up close to get a look. Dimiri blocks him before he gets closer. "Don't get near unless you have a mask, it's a bit dangerous with out it." Dimiri was known for being a drop out and being a bit mean here in there in the school. He was lazy and didn't do anything unless it had to do with something art related. Jay has heard so much of the many things Dimiri has done in school...but for him to care for Jay's safety was just not normal. 
"Sorry, I just wanted to see it a bit closer. I've never knew you were an art person." Jay noticed how rude that sounds after and widen his eyes while shaking his hands. Indicating that he didn't mean it.
"Haha no it's alright. My art is pretty good..If you want to try it or get a better look, I have an extra mask."

Jay nods and is carefully given spray paint and a mask he can cover his face with. Dimiri teaches him the basics, from there, it's art.
•••
Few months later, they're just normally painting, canvas, the "natural" way. They've spilled a lot of things about themselves. Becoming best friends, just staying together.

Dimiri taps Jay's shoulder to grab his attention. Jay asks what he needs and started to reach out for the paints. Dimiri shook his head and wanted to tell him something else. "You know what I find kinda funny." Jay shrugged. "The fact I actually learned sign for you durning school...my grandma wasn't actually deaf."

"I knew how lonely you were just because you were deaf. Same for me, couldn't make friends. It was a goal for me to be your friend."
"I really thought when I dropped out I wasn't going to achieve it, but here we are." Dimiri smiles at Jay. "Really?" Jay signed. "Haha yeah." Dimiri signs as well.

"Honestly I really thought I wasn't going to make any friends this school year, but that makes me happy." Jay smiles after that. Blushes a bit maybe. Jay now realizes Dimiri did all this for him, his goal his everything. He notices how much nicer he is with Jay than with other people. How much he blushes and flush he gets when he's teaching Jay.

Jay decided to do something bold for once in his life. Jay goes closer to Dimiri and grabs his face. At that moment he freezes up and yellow is all over his face. "Now or nothing." But then Dimiri already knows and brings him closer to his lips. Jay was surprised and flustered, he lost his chance because he froze up and Dimiri won the first kiss.

"I wasn't ready! Again!" Jay brings Dimiri close again and without hesitation he puts both of their lips together. When Jay is distracted, Dimiri dips his fingers in paints and puts it on Jay's face. Jay goes away from Dimiri's face and covers his lips with his hand.

"Asshole!" Jay does the same and laughs, what a precious sound. Dimiri grabs Jay's waist and never let go. There's a first for everything.
•••
DONE !!! almost 1000 words LMAO !! this kinda hurt to write bc when writing "to" i would go 2 the numbers and almost use "2" bc the way i type lolz. Anyways, Jay n Dimiri canon !!!! bc theyre my ocs n i say so