Chapter 1

"You idiot! Why the heck are you attending school less?! You think it's gonna help your future?!" Pulling her younger brother by his ear and literally dragging him on their way home, embarrassing her younger brother. Y/n was furious upon hearing her that her younger brother barely even attends school.

"Sis! P-Please wait-Ah! It hurts!" The blonde younger brother cries out, not taking the painful ear pull his older sister was giving him.

"I'm out here working my ass off to pay for your needs but all you wanna do is be a delinquent?! This sounds selfish Takemichi but think about your future and me for once! We've already lost our parents and you're a still being shitty!" His older sister does not listen to him and proceeds on her rants. Takemichi, in not one second, felt guilt as her sister was obviously stressing out more because of him.

"I can't deal with you! I don't even know how mom and dad handled your foolish ass!" His sister yelled again as they entered their apartment, slamming the front door closed.

"I'm sorry..." Takemichi had no excuses, he kneels down on the floor to express his apology, however, this wasn't enough of a reason for his older sister.

"You think a sorry is gonna cut it?!" Was the last thing he heard his sister before she slammed her bedroom door closed. It was clear that she was furious than what happened last time, Takemichi knew his sister 's patience was running out, he's actually afraid she might kick him out and leave him to fend for himself on the streets one day. 

Takemichi sighed, guilt and shame hovering around him, the room was silent and dark with only the desk lamp providing light. A moment later, he felt his phone vibrate, Takemichi checked the caller and noticed it was Chifuyu, he answered it quietly and went to the kitchen.

"So how did it go?"

Chifuyu asked, knowing how bad it goes when his sister knows about how he's doing at school.

"Bad... like really bad, I think I made her cry." Takemichi responded, guilt and shame laced in his voice.

"Man, that's bad..."

Was all Chifuyu could say.

"You should make up for it. Maybe ask Baji-san for help."

The male on the other side of the phone suggested, Takemichi agreed with the idea with his eyes now having tears threatening to fall making him bite his lower lip in order to not let those tears out of his eyes.

"I should, I don't wanna make my sister cry."

"Man, you sound like Baji-san."

...

"Hanagaki-chan, are you all right? You're not looking good." A co-worker and friend, Kimura, asked as he handed out the orders to the costumers.

"It's just... My younger brother." The female sighed in exhaustion, her dark bags was visible under her eyes with her hair a little bit messy and her skin lightly pale, she even lost a lot of weight.

"You know I can help, right?" Kimura asked, sending her a light smile.

"I know you're busy with your own problems, specially with your family business going bankrupt." The eldest Hanagaki told, Kimura's smile turned into a thinned lips as if it was true, well its actually is. He wanted to help but Hanagaki was right about having his own problems.

"It's okay, Kimura-kun, you can focus on your own problems, you don't have to worry about me." Y/n sent him a small smile to reassure him.