Falling For Her Flaws

Here I go again...hearing to her sobs for the nth time walk pass through the balcony side. Sometimes I'm mad at myself for taking it this way. And sometimes on her.

Like why?

What makes her cry this much? But I'm not leaving it this time.

"Ahum"

I made quick attention making her quickly wipe her tears. Nah. Not again Ani.

"Anything wrong?" I asked Lily but intentionally looked at Anika all at once.

And again. Them shooking their heads dismissing me for the third time now.

"Guy-Guys, I know both of you have been best friends for a long time. But that doesn't mean I'm not your best friend too."

I said in a weak voice trying to not lose my shit. And most importantly, trying not to sound commanding.

"No. No." Ani snuffled a little before trying to speak again. I can sense her trying to speak out but seems like she couldn't handle herself anymore and she made her way to hang her whole body on Lily and started crying again, which made me feel a whole bunch of mixed emotions inside.

I know I can't bear seeing her cry. But why? Why do I come here again and again? I started cursing myself.

I made my way towards Ani and patted her back a little not knowing what to do.I made her cry? Me a little piece of shit! I cursed again inside. Of course why not.

She looked at my worried face and came back to her place, fiddling her fingers harshly.

"It's-It's my Stepmom."

I got it!

And I knew it! And my anger was not purely in its way to control this time.

"What did she do again?" I asked with a deep tone but it clearly showed concern at the same time. Well, let me say I made it happen. I can see a surprising look on both of their faces with my word AGAIN. But that doesn't matter now.

"She bet her last night and locked her inside all in a darkroom."

What the fuck!

"Doesn't she know that Anika is having Nyctophobia?" I raised my question for which I got back a deep sigh from Lily.

"Well. I should say that's why she did that." She spoke looking at Ani who is sobbing in tiny, silently.

Now I can't take this anymore. But wait! What? Why-Why Last night?

Oh, shit shit shit!!! I panicked before turning towards Ani with a trembling voice. 

"Did she-- saw me last night?" I asked her for which she slowly nodded yes.

IT WAS ME? God! Kill me already!

"I-I-" I couldn't gain words to say. But I sighed before I talk again. I need to talk. It was after all me.

"You would have said right? It was about our project."

She roughly shook her head before her tears made their way again. Ahhh I hate myself now. "She saw us at the ice cream stall too." That woman! Did she witness the one and only memorable moments with my love with her prying eyes? I cursed again.

"You are not a little girl to follow her every word Ani. You don't have to do that."

I said putting my hands on her shoulder who is still not looking up to me. I looked back at Lily who is actually looked pissed off utmost but was still couldn't talk anything. I know she can't do anything against Anika's will, but I'm not her.