Chapter 1 - My Grandfather's Reputation

I had packed my bags days ago, weeks ago even, they have been sat on my bedroom door since the day I received my letter. I've been waiting for this expect moment my whole life.
My siblings, my parents and even their parents used to go here. It's family tradition to go the old HSW, you won't know it by that though. It is more commonly known as Hogwarts. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. We call the The Old HSW, it's sort of short hand and saves a bit of time.
Anyways, I'm sure by now you will have all heard about my Grandad and worked out who he is, he was more than well-known in that school. He had a large, grand reputation and today, I have to uphold that for our family.

It is my time to prove my worth.

It is time I actually take this last step and stop staring in awe at the building. It's beautiful, it really is. It's towers are way taller than my Grandad had said they were, they seem to never end as they just reach up to the sky. The snow was lightly painted onto the roof, everything was perfectly placed, as if I'm in some kind of dream. It really is amazing. I have been told the stories before but nothing compares to seeing the building in real life.

I have travelled miles to get here, it better be worth it. My friends have stayed behind, they didn't receive the letter that I did.  I always thought that we were one in the same, turns out I am something more than that.

Id always hoped to take after my Grandfather, yet, nothing had proved that I was. There was his photo at the end of the hall, his old robes hung in my Dad's wardrobe and his tie is somewhere in my drawers. It had never felt quite like I was really one of them. I'm guessing the powers skipped a generation, my Dad doesn't take part in 'that magic nonsense', he doesn't believe that I can do it. I'm going to prove that I can. I am going to make my Grandfather proud.