Broken Promises

12 am Same Night

Instead of going straight home like Milan had promised Toyomi, he went to the studio with the guys to listen to a new artist they might sign. He figured he'd be in and out then straight home to his wife. He called her but she didn't answer, he texted her no response... He figured maybe the girls were still over the house until he looked down at his watch that read 12:45 am "Damn" he whispered to himself

"Ayo I gotta get home before Toi starts wild'n" Milan passed the blunt to Tamir "Hell yea, I could hear Kenn fussing at me now" Tamir chuckled "Mann Mia freaky ass is still up texting me to hurry home" Cash smirked down at his phone "Which one of y'all niggas taking me home to my Queen" Cash smirked "Don't both jump up at once" Cash joked because neither one of them responded "Shit me, maybe Toi won't be so mad if I tell her I had to take you home" Milan shrugged

The gang wrapped up the discussion on the artist they previewed and decided to pick back up with everything the next day or Monday. They were standing out in front of the studio dapping each other up goodbye when Milan looked up noticing two guys walking towards them rather fast "Y'all know them niggas?" He reached for his Glock "What niggas" both Tamir and Cash said at the same time before shots went off

"Y'all nigga killed my cousin!" One of the men yelled out while he let the bullets from his Revolver fly. It was literally a gun battle in front of the studio. Tamir was letting both of his Glocks off at the same time. Cash had perfect aim he hit one of the guys in the chest Milan hit the other one in the shoulder before he hit the ground.

The man that was hit in the shoulder dragged the other man back to their van before they took off speeding. Cash chased the van way letting off the leftover rounds in his gun. When he returned he noticed blood streaming down the sidewalk. Cash looked at Tamir he was hit but only in the hand, he was okay for the most part. But Milan never got back up...

"Bro! Bro!!" Cash screamed, "Get the fuckin' car!" He screamed to Tamir holding Milan's head in his hands. Tamir rushed to bring the car around to them, the hospital was literally up the street. Tamir helped Cash get Milan in the back seat of his truck as best as he could with one hand.

Milan couldn't speak his eyes were low he was bleeding a lot. He was shot in the face. He was gargling on his blood because his mouth couldn't move. "Turn him on his fuckin' side!" Mir yelled from the driver's seat he was speeding. Cash turned Milan on his side and he gasped for air as if he could finally breathe a bunch of blood that was blocking his airway came running out. He struggled to speak "It's okay bro don't speak we got you" Cash held his hand.

Tamir jumped out in front of the emergency lane "I need some fuckin help!" He yelled out making the medical staff rush to the truck. Milan's eyes got lower "Te... Tell my wife and kids I love them..." Milan managed to choke out in between gasping for air "Don't you fuckin' do that bro! Open your eyes!" Cash yelled as Doctors pushed him out of the way. They rushed Milan to emergency surgery and took Tamir back to stitch up his hand.

Cash had to pull himself together quickly... He knew the cops would be called so he had to dispose of all evidence of their guns and anything else that wasn't legit. He moved quickly calling his guys to get rid of everything and clean up the mess in front of the studio. Next, he had to call Toyomi, she needed to know what was going on.

2 am...

Toymoi was in a deep sleep she couldn't wait up for Milan anymore she'd make him deal with his broke promises in the morning. She stirred in her sleep when she felt her phone going off back to back. She looked at the screen "Cash?" She spoke out loud to herself before answering

"Hello?" Toi answered "Toyomi" Cash called her name "What Cash? Why you sound like that and tell Milan to bring his ass home now before I kill him!" She spat "Toi there was an accident" Cash spoke into the phone "Cash what the hell are you talking about? Where is Milan?" Her voice was filled with panic now "Cash answer me!" She screamed "Toi there was an accident and he was hit" Cash finally got the courage to blurt it out. He could hear Toi screaming and crying in the background his heart hurt for her. He waited for her to calm down before he gave her the exact location where they were.

Toi rushed to get herself together praying that her husband was okay...