3. the little wind

Renjun laid in his bed, aimlessly staring up at his midnight blue ceiling painted with small little gold stars

Renjun laid in his bed, aimlessly staring up at his midnight blue ceiling painted with small little gold stars. It was a self-drawn map of constellations that he drew when he was younger back when he was intrigued by the night sky.

Should I go? What if she doesn't show up? He thought.

After finding out Amaris was Mark's sister, it didn't take him long to realise why she was familiar to him. Amaris was an aspiring author who wrote melodramatic romance short stories. Her stories always seem to make her readers run their waterworks, leaving only a sting in their hearts for the characters.

Renjun sat up on his bed, looking at the blank canvas. Leaning on one of the legs of the easel was a black bag, packed and ready for a trip. Renjun contemplated for a while, he really did want to believe Amaris was actually serious about the trip but on the other hand, he knew the girl had much better things to do.

Renjun made up his mind. Without another thought, he grabbed the bag and slung it over his shoulders, walking out of his room to the front door.

"Going somewhere?" his cousin, Anfen, asked him as he walked towards the door. She sat at the kitchen counter, books laid out in front of her.

"Yeah," he replied, walking behind the counter to get some snacks. "Just a short trip with a friend." Though, Amaris is hardly even a friend.

"How long?" Anfen asked.

"Maybe a day or two," Renjun replied, stuffing the snacks into his bag and zipping it. "You'll be fine right mei?"

Anfen nodded. Renjun smiled and patted her head before heading to the front door. "Oh, by the way, I think Jisung wanted to ask you out. You didn't hear that from me," Renjun winked before closing the door behind him.

He just knew Anfen's cheeks were reddening by the second. However, he had no time to watch her have a whole heart attack, Amaris was waiting for him.

As he was reaching the flower field, he felt the doubt that Amaris would be there growing by the second. However, when he saw the silhouette of a girl in a long skirt with a suitcase all doubt and worry that this whole trip was a joke washed away.

There, in the patch of daffodils, she stood alone. The wind lightly blew through her auburn hair which was half tied with a blue. The brown suitcase in her hand looked old and tattered as if it had seen everything everywhere all at once. It was like an old grandparent full of adventures and mysteries.

What was even more mysterious was the beholder herself. Amaris wore a white blouse paired with a long light blue skirt, vibing with the old cottage core look at Renjun definitely had a thing for.

Amaris seemed to finally notice his presence and turned around. As she turned, her hair continued to follow the wind, flowing like a calm river. In her eyes, Renjun found little bursts of wonder and excitement, and he wondered if this was why he was drawn to this girl.

"Finally, you're late," she spoke in her honey-glazed voice, ever so soothing and calming to his ears. "I was wondering when you'd be here."

Renjun walked up to her in the field of daffodils. "Where too?" he asked.

"Hmm, anywhere honestly," she replied. Renjun stretched out his hand, waiting for her to take it.

In the breezy evening sun, she held his hand. Ready for a trip they wished would never end.

no because what is this sudden burst of descriptive writing 🧍‍♀️where was this when I was in my english exam huh? 🤨

where was this when I was in my english exam huh? 🤨

also I did some research and found out Renjun's birth flowers were daffodils so I just HAD to somehow add it in the symbolism hehe c: