5. a windy kiss

wind in my hair, you were there
you remember it all too well.

"You know, I still don't see how this 'trip' is supposed to help us gain inspiration

"You know, I still don't see how this 'trip' is supposed to help us gain inspiration."

"For belle's sake just shut up and enjoy the view Huang," Amaris sighed. The two of them enjoyed a few cans of beer on the beach, seated side by side on the white sand.

Renjun listened to Amaris and didn't retort back, instead admiring the view of the distant sun setting on the horizon. The sinking golden disk emitted its last few Rays of the day, painting the skyline in front of them minute by minute. From orange-yellow to flamboyant pink, the clouds have a soft touch to the already artistic skies.

"I could paint this," Renjun hummed softly, taking a sip of his beer from the can in his hand. Amaris smirked up at him. "What?"

"Well, there we go," Amaris did a little wave gesture as if she were doing magic. "Inspiration."

Renjun thought for a moment - she was right, she was absolutely right. This was a good start to inspiration. He hadn't had a beautiful image of what he was thinking and seeing. But he didn't really want to get up and grab his materials.

Instead, he sat there, enjoying the company and scene. "I think I'll remember it and paint it later."

Amaris hummed. "I think I'll do that too."

The two continued sitting in silence, taking in every breath of the scenery in front of them. Every gust of wind, every passing bird. The sound of crashing waves and the darkening blue hues of the sky as the sun sunk deeper and deeper into the far far horizon.

Amaris sighed. "In every romance novel, this would be a perfect setting for a kiss."

Renjun turned to her, noticing how she had a small smile and a longing look in her eyes.

No, Renjun, you barely even know the girl. Plus she's your friend's sister!

That night, Renjun layed on the couch in the living room. He kept replaying the scenery in his head, however, it wasn't the setting sun he was relaying.

"In every romance novel, this would be a perfect setting for a kiss."

The longingness in her eyes, the small smile that looked almost sad.

The urge to make a promise to himself, a promise to make sure that smile was never out of sadness or anything else other than happiness.

Renjun sat up straight, his decision extremely clear now. Throwing the blanket off, he stood up and walked to the bedroom. When he knocked and got no answer, he slowly opened the door, hoping to see Amaris sleeping. But she wasn't there.

"Can't sleep?" a voice said behind him. Renjun turned around. Startled to see Amaris out of bed.

"Uh, yeah somewhat."

"Hmm," Amaris thought for a bit. "Join me out on the porch for a bit?" Renjun nodded and followed her out to the porch.

That night, the spring sky happened to be clear, just for them. The stars drew a magnificent galaxy with their sparkles and burning glory. Another scene the heavens drew that mankind can never seem to capture and copy.

Renjun took a deep breath, summoning all the courage he had in his every muscle.

"Amaris," he called out, gently reaching for her hand. Amaris, shocked a little from the sudden touch of his warm fingertips, allowed him to take her hand. "I haven't known you for long, but you've given me more inspiration than even the setting sun. A sky full of stars lay in front of me, but I can't seem to notice anything more beautiful than just you staring at it."

By then, Renjun was already leaning in, their faces so close they could count every breath the other with taking in. Renjun could finally count the light freckles on her peachy skin, pink from the cold night air.

"I think I might like you, a little," Renjun leaned further in. "Maybe a lot."

He waited. He waited to see if Amaris was going to close the gap or pull away. She did neither for some time, making him wait longer than he had anticipated. But just before he could pull away, she moved.

She pulled him in, connecting their lips in a windy kiss.

It was a long blink before both Amaris and Renjun pulled away from each other.

"I might like you a lot too, Huang."

aha- hi- 

aha- hi- 

uh, i know this is super super late >.< but i promise I'll finish this book real soon :D

thanks for staying around tho, hope you enjoyed reading <3