Chapter 8

Dominic

𝕴 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴.

𝘔𝘰𝘮'𝘴 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴. 𝘐𝘧 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘐 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘥𝘴...

"DOMINIC! Stop being useless and come help!" 𝘎𝘰𝘥, 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘣𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘺.

Just as I turned around to yell at her for being bossy again. I saw something that I never wanted to. 𝘖𝘩 𝘯𝘰.

"ETHAN" I yelled. I broke off into a run towards his direction, my heart pounding faster than usual. 𝘌𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯...

Suddenly, someone... or something grabbed me by my legs and dragged me back.

"Be quiet. It cant see us, but it definitely can hear. If you want to save him, do as I say."

𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢.

Without a second thought, I dropped down and took another look at the creature. "What is that?" I whispered.

"That is the 004" she looked calm. A little too calm. "It can't see but hears very well. One wrong move and you are dead meat."

"What about Ethan then!"

"Shhh. I told you to be quiet."

"Now what? I mouthed. It looks like she understood me, but I'm not sure.

I felt my blood boil. 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮? 𝘞𝘩𝘺? 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦?

"You sit here. Quietly. Watch my signal and catch him when I say so." She stood up, her grip tightening on her sword. "Do not dare to try and catch him before my signal. DO NOT try catching him before I tell you to do so. You will get all of us killed. Are you even listening to me? Dom? DOM!"

I wasn't listening. All I was thinking about was how to get my brother out of that stupid monster's claws. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯? 006? 𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴.

"DOMINIC JANE ROMANOV!"

"Wa-wai-h-How the hell do you know my full name?" I looked at her in complete shock. She grinned.

"I saw a couple of papers in your office, so of course, I had to read them."

"You little-"

"Anyways, we need to save your brother. "

"So what's your plan?"

"Do you have a smoke bomb?"

"A what?" 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵?

"Do you have one or not?"

"Y-yeah I think. Give me a sec." I open the little pocket in my bag and check inside. Indeed I did have a couple of them.

"Ok, so I have a little plan."

"No fire." I demand "I hate fire."

"Well then let's watch your brother get eaten. I'm sure you will enjoy it. I personally have no interest in saving him. He is dead weight on my shoulders anyway."

"Fine. What is your plan?"

"So you try to... and then we'll..."

It felt like forever. How long can a saviour plan be? Like 5-10 min? WRONG. This one took hours. At least that's what my brain made it look like. But we may have a chance now. Alright, let's do this. I crawled right behind the huge tree in front of the creature and got ready. We only have a couple of minutes. 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘶𝘱. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯.