Prologue

Michael POV

(this prologue is post-scoop Michael's inner monologue right before he dies--really dies.)

(TW: mentions of suicide)

The stories Evan told me that I didn't believe. I should I have listened to him. But how could I have known? I did the worst thing I could have possibly done to him. I still hear his screams, the disgusting, horrifying sound of the animatronic's teeth clamping down on him, ending him. Because of me. 

Because I thought it would be funny to mock him, his fears, his retellings of my sweet sister's death. She didn't deserve this. Neither did he. But I do. I deserve this. I'm an awful wretch, barely human anymore, but was I ever human? Wouldn't my supposed humanity have prevented me from hurting my own brother, a child? This is what haunts my mind. I lack humanity because of what I did. 

Yet there is a small light in me, arguing I may not truly be a monster. Because although both my father and I have killed, I have something he doesn't: remorse. This is the light that pushes me forward, reminds me that I may be ruined but I can still try to make things right. Maybe I'm not a monster, because I work everyday to free Evan and Elizabeth. Everything I do is for them. Even this. 

This I hope will finally put and end to our miserable lives, the lives of my father's victims, the lives of my siblings, the horrendous, vile life of my father. Although it sounds selfish, most of all, I hope with all my heart that this will put an end to my own life. I've worked so hard. I'm so tired. But it's finished now. This is the end, I can feel my long-gone body giving out as I whisper my last words, 

"I'm sorry,"

And with that, the building in which I stand is engulfed in flames.

I welcome Death with open arms, closing my eyes as the flames lay me eternally to rest. And for the first time, I am happy.