Chapter 2

Chapter Two
-
Birds chirped and the sun shone through Roderich's window and past the pale drapes. It was a beautiful day, and all was peaceful as the Austrian slept. That is, until Basch decided to pound on his door. The loud noise startled the tutor awake.

"Wakey, wakey, Roddy!" The prince declared with a snicker. He'd thought of that name last night, and found it fit. For such a serious man, a silly little pet name would be best. Basch had even denied a very hyper Elizabeta the chance to rouse Roderich, for he wanted to do so himself. She was quite disappointed.

Roderich, however, wasn't very impressed. He didn't appreciate being woken up, especially in such a manner. Even Gilbert knew better than to try. With a single twitch of an eye, he popped out of bed and angrily whipped the door open. He was met with Basch was standing there, a satisfied smirk upon his face.

"What is the meaning of this?" Roderich grumbled, glaring at him. His hair was a mess, compared to what it usually was like. It hung down in his face, which angered him to no end. With a huff, he blew his bangs out of his eyes. The image was amusing, of course. To see a proper man in such a state, it was glorious. Basch just hummed and placed a hand on his hip.

"Well, dear tutor, I do believe it's time to get started." The prince told him, obviously smug. If they were to get anything done, they'd need to do it early in the morning before everyone was awake, or late at night when everyone was in bed. There was no in-between, but, that he knew.

Roderich just blinked at him. Was he serious at the moment? Who wakes their tutor? Perhaps he was just excited for his lesson... Or he was becoming an annoying little brat who had made him his main target. He placed his bets on the latter, and sighed. Instead of giving a proper response, he just closed the door again. That would show him... He'd come out when he was ready to, not when Basch waved his hand and commanded it,

Basch threw his hands up in frustration. Could he do that? That was certainly quite rude!  He let out a useless whine of, "Hey, come back out! I order you to come back!" This earned a scoff from the man on the other side of the door.

"Or what, you'll rid me of my job? Do you really want to go through that searching process again?" Roderich challenged, smirking lightly to himself. It had seemed like an elaborate and time consuming thing. Now, the Austrian was never one to voice his own opinion, but he had a feeling he'd have to start doing so before this prince got out of hand.

After a few moments of waiting, Basch huffed. Looks like Roderich wouldn't be coming out... This guy was really starting to get on his nerves.  Seriously, what was his problem? He was technically a part of his staff, so he was supposed to listen to him. He shook his head and sighed.

"Fine, come down when you're ready, Your Highness." He grumbling sarcastically, slapping the door one more time before heading off down the hall. Two could play at that game, silly tutor. Thankfully, Lili didn't usually wake up until nine, so they had a good three hour window. The last thing he needed was for his little sister to see him dancing with another man.

Basch huffed as he padded down the stairs, taking them two at a time as he pushed his hair out of his face. Dancing had never been his favorite subject, as he preferred shooting a bow to anything. When his parents were still alive, they'd let him have a slingshot. That was before Lili was born, thankfully. He used to tear through the house, shooting pebbles at everything.

He'd gotten away with it too, until Elizabeta, who had been a young teenager back then, had told him to stop. It was then that he had begun to grown up. Looks like he had a bit more of that to be doing. The prince had a bad feeling that he'd be getting some lessons in etiquette. He began to question his choices.