Chapter 6

(Angela's point of view)

"Welcome to the T-party! There will be food and games and you can talk about anything" Taylor says cheerfully, Jesse's big smile embarrasses me so I walk away while Jess is talking to someone else. I'm about to grab a piece of pizza when I spot a girl with blonde hair and purple glasses sitting in the corner and reading a dictionary. She definitely reminded me of Jess, but she looks sad and strange, not like normal people. She had two beautiful long braids, she looks a bit younger than Jess and I (about 14) and she is so concentrated on the book, very antisocial.

I slowly walk towards her and she looks up at me, "um... hi" I begin, she doesn't answer, she just looks at me, "I'm Angela"I say awkwardly, "yeah I know I saw you up on stage" she says quietly, "yeah, do you mind if I go for a second?" I ask politely, she nods and looks back at the dictionary. I rush towards Jess, she's talking to about 5 other girls and they were giggling, then I realized that the girl I saw before and Jess are different, that girl was very antisocial meanwhile Jess is very friendly. "Jess" she didn't listen to me so I said it louder "Jess!" Still not listening "Jess!!!!!!!" Still not listening "JESS!!!!!!!!!" She jumped, "Angela you scared me! You could of said my name quieter" I roll my eyes and smile a little, "listen, I'm not very good at the 'being nice to people I don't know' thing, but you are" I say, Jess nods a bit confused, "in other words: I need your help", I say with a little sigh "oh ok sure" says Jess, I explain to Jess the whole thing with that girl and Jess seemed to understand, and we both rush towards the girl, she looks up at us, then Jess gives her a warming smile, the girl looks a bit creeped out.
Jess sits next to her and I sit on the other side. "what your name?" asks Jess, "why do you want to know?" The girl asks quietly, "because you're a freakin weirdo!" I say loudly, "ANGELA! That's very unnecessary!" Jess says angrily, I roll my eyes, then I notice that the girl is flipping the pages of the dictionary to the letter 'U' and looks up 'unnecessary' when she got the meaning she nods like she just understood something. What the hell? Even my 5 year old brother knows what unnecessary means! Wait a second!! do you think she might be... Jess looks at me, I can tell she was thinking the same thing...

"so where do you live?" Jess and I ask at the same time, "that's a tricky question" she says scratching he head, "do you even have a home?" Jess asks politely. Yep, Jess and I are definently thinking the same thing. "No" she says looking down at the book sadly, Jesse's eyes widen, "you mean you're a-" and before Jess could finish the girl interrupts, "homeless" she says about to cry, she takes a deep breath and says "since I was 10 years old I went busking and saved up for a Taylor swift concert ticket, so here I am", "what about your parents?" I ask softly, "they left me on the streets, and I forgot to mention my name is Emily" she says, "What are you going to do after this concert?" Jess asks, "go back to live on the streets" replies Emily.