Chapter 45

FINAL CHAPTER

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Where is he, where is he, where is he, Gun kept muttering under his breath as he frantically took the steps two at a time towards the lobby of the villa.

The lobby was teeming with people, mostly guests, Gun assumed, but some of them were villa employees. Gun guessed. But where the hell was Mark???

Gun ran to Mr. Siwat's office. The door was locked.

Next he ran to Mark's office. The door was also locked.

Then Gun remembered, it was already close to midnight. Of course their offices would be locked.

Gun had landed at the Soekarno Hatta international airport in Jakarta at eight o'clock and it took a good three hours for the ferry to take him to Sulawesi Island. By the time he was able to hail a taxi to bring him to the villa resort, it was close to midnight.

Gun kept asking people in the lobby if anyone saw Mark but no one gave him a yes answer. Gun was close to tears. He did not have the slightest idea what to do next.

Suddenly the wide sliding glass doors of the lobby opened and in came several paramedics, two of them pushing a gurney into the lobby.

"Where is Mr. Siwat's private suite?" one of the paramedics called out to the receptionist.

"Third floor, sir," the receptionist shouted back.

Shit, the third floor was where Mark's private room was.

Gun ran and tried to join the paramedics in the elevator but the paramedics shooed him away.

"Wait for the next ride," one of them instructed Gun.

No, no way was Gun going to wait precious time for the next elevator to come. He looked around for the door leading to the stairs. When he found it he took the stairs two at a time, panting hard, clutching his painful sides when he reached the landing of the third floor.

After taking a few deep painful breaths, Gun sprinted into the hallway and quickly looked for Mark's room. The door was wide open but Mark was not there. Where in bloody hell was he???

Gun turned around when he heard the elevator door opening. The paramedics walked out of the elevator and were pushing the gurney into the hallway. Gun had reached the third floor faster than them.

"Which way to Mr. Siwat's private room?" one of the paramedics asked Gun.

"Over there," Gun replied, pointing to Mark's open door. "But Mark is not there!" Gun added bursting into anxious tears.

"We are not looking for Mark," the paramedic answered. "Mark was the one who called us. We are looking for his father, Mr.  Siwat."

"Ohh! Ohmygahd, Mark is alive!" Gun exclaimed in ecstatic relief. "He is okay!"

"Hey!" the paramedic scolded Gun, bringing him back to earth. "Where is Mr. Siwat's private room? Time is critical here, young man."

"Yes, yes, over here," Gun quickly said hurrying to the next room.

Gun opened the door for the paramedics.

"Gun !!!"

Gun and Mark became oblivious of the paramedics doing the preliminary treatments to Mr. Siwat who at the height of the strong earthquake, had been badly wounded when the big TV screen that was hanging on the wall had become loose and had flown across the room and hit him on the side of his face, causing a deep gash on the right side of his forehead.

The paramedics quickly cleaned the wound and placed temporary steri strips on it. Mr. Siwat would have to be transported to the hospital to have the deep and wide wound sutured.

"Are you not going to follow your father to the hospital?" one of the paramedics asked Mark after two of the paramedics had settled Mr. Siwat on to the gurney and strapped him safely to it.

"Huh?" Mark could barely take in what the paramedic was saying to him. "Oh, yes, yes, of course, I am following him to the hospital."

"I will go with you to the hospital," Gun said, following Mark into the elevator with the paramedics.

"Is he family?" one of the paramedics asked Mark, pointing to Gun. "Because only family can come with us to the hospital."

"Yes, he's my husband," Mark replied determinedly, pressing Gun's hand tightly, willing him to agree to what he had just said to the paramedics.

"Yes, yes, I'm the patient's son-in-law," Gun quickly informed the paramedics.

"We will follow in my car," Mark informed the paramedics.

He led Gun to the parking lot and before opening the car door, he turned to Gun.

"Welcome back home, my one and only love of my life," he said, his eyes moist with happy tears before pulling Gun's face towards his.

Together Mark and Gun shared the sweetest but most passionate kiss of their lives.

THE  END

a/n: To all of you who have followed this story to its happy ending, my sincere thanks. Special thanks, though, to those who were not silent readers but left their votes and comments on each chapter. I have always mentioned on my feed that votes and comments are what inspire writers to keep writing and I am no different from the other writers.

If anyone would like more MarkGun stories, just let me know. I'm sure I will be able to think up another story line! Stay happy and healthy!