9

50 dollars.

He gave me 50 dollars.

A smile crept on to my face as I began walking towards the cash register. I slowly put the 45 dollars that the meal costed into their slots, before looking into my other hand and staring at the 50 dollar bill. This tip itself was almost as big as the ones I had gotten for the entire day yesterday. I doesn't really sound like a whole lot of money, but compared to the other tips I had gotten it sure was.

I stepped away from the front-desk and headed to the back. My shift ended in about 10 minutes and I wasn't the one of the ones who were closing.

I started untying my apron and hung it on my hook. Over it was a small sign with my name on it, the same as the pin on my apron, (Y/n).

I was just about done grabbing all of my things when I heard the door open. I look up and see Leon's eyes staring back at mine.

"Oh, I didn't mean to disturb you." he muttered as he saw the slightly surprised look on my face.

"Don't worry about it Leon. I was just expecting it to be Dawn. " I admitted with a small smile.

"Yeah, I heard her yell at you earlier. Are you alright? She sounded pretty angry and then sort of stormed of all red." He said whilst scratching the back of his neck.

"Im alright." I voiced. I than proceed to tell him the entire thing that happened and showed him the 50 dollars that I had put in my small purse.

"Wow" he huffed. "How do you get all the good customers?" he stated with a fake pout.

We both laughed and he excused himself to go take another group of customers orders.

I pulled out my phone and texted Mika so that he would come pick me up just in time for my shift to end. Whilst I waited for a couple minutes I kept think about the events of today. Why was Dawn so lenient? Why was she so incredibly flushed? Did she know him? I shrugged as I brushed it of and walked outside.

Mika stood outside the restaurant and immediately greeted me with a big hug.

He had insisted that he would walk me all the way to the car ever since that whole thing with me almost getting kidnapped and probably assaulted happened. I didn't really mind him doing so, but it was still a little bit over the top.

We sat in the car without any music on as I told him about my day.

"HE GAVE YOU A FIFTY DOLLAR TIP AND ASKED YOU TO GO SHOPPING WITH HIM!? WHAT THE HELL?!" he shouted.

"STOP YELLING MIKA." I barked back. "And yes he did. He's picking me up at 11 tomorrow." I confessed with a grin.

"Sorry (Y/n), it's just that to me you're still that small girl who would trip over anything and everything, the one who gave me a hug every time I would see her and would bake me cupcakes almost every weekend." He croaked tearing up.

He's to emotional for his own good.

"Oh Mika, c'mon don't cry." I said with a giggle. "I'll bake your favorite cupcakes this weekend if you don't make us crash by sobbing over my childhood self."

He sniffled and smiled a little before turning left into our apartment complex.

I stepped out and walked over to Mika and gave him a hug whilst simultaneously patting his head.