Part 4

"I'm dead, aren't I?" The girl asked quietly, not meeting Josephine's eyes.

"Yes and no, my dear." Josephine answered honestly.

"My name is Josephine and I am the Gateway to the Afterlife. Right now, you are in a realm of Limbo. You were once human and then killed by a supernatural being. As a human killed by the supernatural, you will be resurrected as one of the kinds that killed you as to avenge your death in a way. You will learn the knowledge of the supernatural and the manner of your death and when the time is right, reborn. After your rebirth, you will forget everything you learn here until a later time. You will use the knowledge you learn here; however, you see fit. I always hope it will be used for good and not for the other side."

Amelia watched as Josephine choose a spot to sit near her and the pond. Amelia gave no response to Josephine's answer. Josephine knew to let the information sink in and wait until Amelia choose to speak. A fish swam to the edge of the pond and Amelia threw a blade of grass at the fish; deep in thought.

The sun was getting low in the sky, sending the last of its' rays into the reds and yellows of the sunset. Josephine took the time to study the girl. Straight black hair, pointed face like that of a mouse, rosy cheeks, big brown eyes and plump lips. Seemingly the opposite of Josephine, bushy red hair, freckles, small green eyes and nonexistent lips. Both did have slender bodies, although Amelia was about three inches shorter than Josephine.

"Can we please go inside? I don't want those monsters to get us in the dark." Amelia asked as the sun sank lower in the west. It was obvious that the girl was afraid of the "monsters," but did not want to leave the pond.

"I can make it to where the monsters cannot get us and also so it stays light while we talk, if you would prefer." Josephine said quietly, trying to encourage the girl to talk.

Amelia nodded, deep in thought. Josephine muttered under her breath; you could almost feel a slight change in the area around the edge of the pond and lanterns appeared upon the posts placed around the pond. Amelia's face lit up when she saw the magic.

"How did you do that?" She asked, breathless.

"Are you ready to learn everything you were never taught in school?" Josephine asked the girl watched the light of the lantern flicker.

Amelia nodded and jumped at the sound of Josephine's phone beeping. Josephine sent a quick message to Joshua about their plans being cancelled.

"Settle in and get comfy. It's a long story, told from generation to generation about the start of time. In the beginning, it was just the Gods and Goddesses, but they became lonely and yearned for companionship that they could not get from one another. They wanted those companions to be loyal to them. It has been lost from which Gods and Goddesses; each race came from. Some created new races, some stole from newly created races and combining them to create a new race.