『7』

𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊
𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓

"What are we-" Francesco starts.

"Just," I sigh, running a hand down my face.

"Just listen." Francesco looks at me with concern, letting his hand hold his head up like it's too heavy without it.

"When Ember and I were in the swingy chair," God, why'd I call it a fucking swingy chair? "she started talking." I scrunch my nose, recalling her words.

"About..." Francesco asks after a while of silence, waiting for me to finish my story.

"Something about if someone throws up you can't brush your teeth, which I'm a doctor and I forgot that." I chuckle lightly.

"And then you check where the ouc- injuries are. She said something about a red purse which I'm assuming is a med kit, and then starting going off about things some of my past interns are dumb enough to not know." I sighed, slumping in my chair. Just as Oscar was about to say something, I hold my hand up letting him know I'm not done.

"She also was asking about if someone was hurt and couldn't go to the hospital and she had to do it." It makes no fucking sense. My head falls into my hands, suddenly getting a headache.

Elio takes over for me, given I had already told him about this and we had a conversation.

"Not to mention the nightmare." I can practically feel the table we're at tense. Right, we're at the restuarant Francesco owns. He's the chef but we've all taken a week off of work to be there for our sister.

"She's obviously gone through something, and she's 3. Unless someone has told her not to, or she doesn't trust us yet, then she'll tell us. Toddlers are oblivious, but if I'm correct on my theory then she's had to mature pretty quickly." I huff, slumping into the surprisingly comfortable booth.

"And your theory being..?" Francesco asks, trying to hide his shaking hands.

"Francesco," I warn, leaning my head forward and giving him 'the look'.

"I'm fine, it'll be worse if you don't tell me." He scrunches his nose, before making an exploding noise with his mouth, and his head spinning in circles until he dramatically falls onto the booth. That's his sign for spiralling.

The table chuckles at him, as he shoots up and smiles triumphly because we're not as tense.

"Someone's obviousy hurt," I hesitate, "Mom." I grit, scruncing my nose.

Lets give you a little intell shall we, yes I broke the fucking fourth wall get over it. Anyway, our mom was great, she was the best mother ever.

Until, Elio and Oscar were born. She constantly neglected Oscar because of his eyes, which are beautiful by the way. Soon enough I found her in his room with him, right as she punched him in the eye. She started scratching at it as Oscars 2 year old little body tried desperatly to get her off. The betrayal he must've felt was surreal. I was frozen. At some point Francesco walked in with Elio and they started screaming for dad.

She was caught, so she stopped and blamed it on Francesco because he had run up to Oscar and held his crying form.

Oscar became selectively mute. He talks to kids though, which makes me so so greatful for Ember. He talked to her in a crowded place, and he really only talks to Elio.

Elio is the peacemaker. Everyone relies on him, so I make sure to give him countless amounts of praise and remind him he can always get a break. He always declines, saying he finds peace in being the peacemaker. Fucking funny ass.