Vol.1 Ch.2: Getting Stronger

| Bell and the Instant Dungeon |

It had been three days since Bell fell unconscious after the battle against the irregular minotaur and finally awoke in the hospital. As he attempted to sit up, he felt the weight of his body being pulled down. Looking down, Bell discovered his goddess, Hestia, peacefully resting on top of him. Her face was flushed, likely from crying. 'Goddess,' Bell thought, a mixture of gratitude and guilt washing over him. He closed his eyes, gently placing his free hand on her head, and smiled reassuringly. 'Looks like I made her worry.'

"Sorry," Bell whispered, his apology carried on a soft breath. 'Hey, Meteria?' Bell called out.

'Yes?' Meteria responded.

'How long was I out?' Bell asked, seeking clarification.

'About three days,' she answered.

"Three days, huh." Bell opened his eyes again, a contemplative expression on his face. "What happened after I fell unconscious?" Bell inquired.

'After you succumbed to mind zero, the Sword Princess carried you to the Infirmary,' Meteria explained.

"I see." Bell gently moved Hestia to the side, ensuring not to wake her, and sat up. His attention was then drawn to a notification that popped up. 'What's this?' Bell asked, and Meteria responded.

'Open it and find out.' Intrigued, Bell pressed on the notification, and a new screen appeared before him, revealing the next chapter in his unfolding story.

' Intrigued, Bell pressed on the notification, and a new screen appeared before him, revealing the next chapter in his unfolding story

'What in the...?' Bell asked, a clear sense of confusion in his voice.

'This will be the daily routine you will go through to strengthen your body, and as you can see, if you fail to complete it, there will be a penalty,' Meteria clarified.

"Okay, how bad is the penalty?" Bell questioned, bracing himself for the answer.

'That is for you to find out if you fail,' Meteria responded, her tone tinged with amusement.

'Wow, thanks...' Bell replied with obvious sarcasm, earning a laugh from Meteria as he sighed.

The boy stood up from the bed, again eyeing his daily quest. A timer indicated he only had twenty minutes left. 'Hmm, so I only have an hour left,' Bell sighed once more, casting a fond look towards Hestia, still peacefully sleeping. "Rest well, Goddess," he whispered. "Alright, let's get started."

Bell exited the infirmary, went outside, and commenced the exercise routine. The young adventurer managed to complete the 100 push-ups, curl-ups, and squats. He was on the verge of finishing the 10km run when his time ran out.

❕ALARM
[YOU HAVE FAILED TO COMPLETE YOUR DAILY QUEST, ACTIVATING PUNISHMENT.]

'Shi–!' Before Bell could finish his thought, he found himself transported to another area—a vast desert. "What the, what is this?!" Another notification popped up.