Vol.1 Ch.11: Goddess of the Sea

| Truth About the System |

Bell accompanied the Loki Familia, retreating to a quiet inn to share and dissect the information they had gathered. As the discussion unfolded, Bell's discerning eyes caught a glimpse of an Amazon Sister exiting the room.

Curiosity piqued, Bell decided to follow her, stepping out into the night. The Amazons, caught in a moment of contemplation, were met by Bell's polite inquiry.

"So, mind telling me what's wrong?" Bell inquired with genuine concern.

"Oh, Argonaut-kun," Tiona acknowledged, her tone a mix of surprise and acknowledgment.

"Listen, it's not my place to butt in on your life, but you could at least tell me what's wrong," Bell gently urged. Tiona, after a moment of hesitation, sighed and relented.

"No, you're right. It's bound to come out sooner or later... Argonaut-kun, do you know how we met the Loki Familia?" Tiona questioned.

"I don't, but I can guess it started with the Kali Familia," Bell replied astutely, the pieces of the intricate web of relationships falling into place. Tiona nodded, setting the stage for a revelation that would shed light on the tangled threads of their past.

Tiona and Tione, their voices laden with the weight of the past, recounted the harrowing experiences they endured with the Kali Familia—the innocence lost, the lives extinguished, even those of their friends. Bell listened, his expression darkening with every revelation. The mere thought of children forced to kill each other in a twisted tournament setting left him thoroughly disgusted.

Once their painful narrative concluded, Bell didn't express anger but rather a profound empathy. Stepping forward, he knelt behind the sisters, enveloping each of them in a comforting embrace, his arms encircling their shoulders. A soft smile graced his face as he spoke words of genuine admiration.

"You both are incredible," Bell commended, causing their eyes to widen in surprise. "Any normal child would have gone mad or even taken their own life if they lived the life you did. You're both incredible and strong."

Tears welled in Tiona and Tione's eyes as they returned the embrace, allowing the emotions they had suppressed for so long to surface. Bell encouraged them to let it out, assuring them that they were no longer alone, that the Loki Familia stood by them.

Concerns about potential reprisals lingered in the sisters' minds. "What if they come after you and the others?" Tiona voiced, her worry tangible.

"What if they try to hurt them?" Tione added, prompting a light chuckle from Bell.

"Come on, you two. A Familia is, at its core, a family. Do you believe they would allow it? Allow you to fight this kind of battle on your own? Because I know I wouldn't," Bell reassured, breaking the tension with a warm smile.

As the embrace gently ended, Tiona raised a question, "What about you? I know you're strong, but..."

"You don't have to worry. Besides, even if they did try to pick a fight with me, they would have to go through my shadow army to do it. Igris, by themselves, can easily take care of the Kali Familia, if I allow them to go all out," Bell stated confidently, causing their eyes to widen in realization.

"He's that strong?!" Tione exclaimed.

"That they are," Bell confirmed with pride. "Now, let's head back inside and get some rest. It's been a long day."

With a nod, they followed Bell back inside, the shadows of their shared past beginning to lift in the warmth of newfound camaraderie. Later, Bell sought Hestia and requested the long-awaited update to his status.