Chapter 017: I Would

Andre's POV:

After seeking and even using the restroom myself, I see Nina looking forward, her face baffled, and a stray tear rolling down her cheek. I look the same way, and there is Tyler. With a girl on top him.. Nina looked distraught, I don't think she knew of her actions in the next minute. She walked forward very mighty and bold, as she walked up to them. I tagged behind and there was the girl sucking hickies on his neck, as his hands tried groping her body in the dress.

Nina by now had her eyes welled with tears, and she immediately pushed the girl off of Tyler's lap. I saw the girl fall on the side, them both looking upset. Tyler was very giggly and tried acting all cutesy at the fact Nina was standing right in front of him.

"Come on, lets go." I buttoned up Tyler's shirt, and picked him up, in a piggy-back style. The girl yelled at me and tried to pull Tyler back but Nina intervened. "Do you not have enough? Do you not see that we are trying to leave? Don't ever lay your hand on him again," The girl scoffed, and stepped closer. "So do us all the favor, and go screw somebody else." She shrunk and scurried off.

No words were exchanged as we buckled Tyler in the back seat and drove back home. I made stops along the way, so we could use the restroom if needed, also picking up some small foods and drinks on the drive back home. Nina made sure to grab some things to make a small hangover soup along with some medication. I swear, Tyler needs to wake up, and see the glory which is in front of him.

Nina is a keeper. He needs to stop letting her loose.

+

Steven was exiting the house with a garbage bag, and waved as he saw our car pulling up. Steven carried Tyler bridal style, up to his guest bedroom, laying him down and covering him up. Nina explained everything and where he was. She looked quite glum, only bidding a goodnight as she trudged quietly and slowly to her bedroom.

"Nina was jealous. There was another girl all over him, making out with him." He nodded and saw me to the door. "Thank you for your great help. Especially today. Make sure to eat and rest up." He patted my back and smiled as he closed the door. Going into my car and back home, I threw myself on the bed. It's been a long day.

+

The next day:

Nina's POV:

It was the crack of dawn when I woke up. The sun wasn't up, and I wasn't all to pleased seeing it was Monday. But yet, I was. My blocked and class schedule changed, me only having to take 3 minor core classes next, from 7-8 classes. I would get out of school an hour earlier, which I was excited for. Also I would into school an hour later. Yasss.

Showering early and throwing on some comfortable clothing, I eat a small burrito, before laying back down. Everyone was still sleeping; the house dark.

I could hear small whimpers coming from the other bedroom, as I was finishing a homework assignment due for today. The whimpering didn't stop, but sounded somewhat painful. I sat down my pencil and headed out to the hallway. It wasn't my dad; he was snoring. I could only assume it was Tyler.

I headed towards his room, where the whimpering got much closer, stronger, and louder. I knocked lightly on the door, but he seemed to not have heard me. "Tyler? Are you okay?" I gently shook him, but I saw his body drenched in his own sweat and he was clutching to a pillow tightly.

I didn't know what to do, so I went to go get my dad. "Papa, something's wrong with Tyler. He's sweating real bad and whimpering a lot." My dad went to his bathroom, coming back out with a small basket. There was some wash clothes, some sedative needles, suppressants, and some anxiety medicine. I was wondering as to why he had some of those things.

"Thank you for letting me know. You can return to your bedroom. He'll be just fine." I was hesitant, but walked over back to my room.

+

It was a short while, my dad coming back out with scratch marks over his wrists and shoulder. "He scratched me in the process." I was set to head to school, but removed a gauze and some alcohol with a cloth from the first aid kit. I care to much about my dad, and I wish to never see him hurt.

"How is Tyler?"

"He's doing just fine now. It was just a small attack that was happening to him. I had to give him some medicine." Oh. After wrapping and pinning the gauze, I bid my good bye, before heading out the door. Andre and I met up, and walked to class.

Andre and I conversed about Tyler, and about how we felt. It's sometimes when we go through our own issues, we're oblivious to others who are affected. We only focus on ourselves and not how the person who is caring for us may feel. Andre did tell me some things about Tyler, and his own monstrous form. He beat around the bush, but gave no clear point. He couldn't be the one to tell me.

+

Taking my time walking back home, I move my fingers around to the slow musical beat of the song playing in my earbuds.

You know it's painful to see someone you truly care for, going through a hard time. The way he/she breaks down, and it breaks your heart. There's only so much a friend can do. They could help subside and assist in trying to help you cope, by they can't heal you right away.

But if I could take away the pain, I would..

+

(Authors Note)

// Giving some of my own inspirational quotes and personal feelings in these small excerpts. This is to give you some small insight, and is meant to spread advice and good words. I hoped you enjoyed! Please vote and comment your thoughts! 🦄 //