Chapter 1

Olivia Anne was placed up for adoption the day she was born by a dying mother, whom only had time to mutter her daughters name. Olivia was adopted five weeks later in Los Angeles by Andrew and Brinna Wright. But, her adoptive parents were far from normal.

The Wrights oddness dated back to the 1500's, where in Asia, Andrew's ancestors killed dragons, yeti, and other monsters of the sort. Yes, the Wrights were supernatural hunters. Which only made the family more ironic.

The new family moved from L.A. to Beijing, China only months later. There, Olivia learned both Chinese and English. She grew to the age of five, and then received a brother, Jonathan.

They were happy for another year, until Olivia started acting strange. Although Andrew knew how to kill them, he had a hard time identifying the symptoms that started before a shifters first transformation.

It wouldn't be for another year that Olivia finally shifted. The worst part of her first shift, is that she doesn't remember almost any of it. There was only one thing that haunted her about it. A vivid picture. One of her family laying in their own blood, her father gripping a gun pointed in her direction with unshed tears in his eyes as he bled out, unable to bring himself to pulling the trigger.

Her mother and brother were already dead, two innocent lives taken by her own unknowing hands. The taking of those lives had caused her glowing turquoise eyes to turn into a burning purple.

That night her life fell apart, and not knowing what to do, fled north to Russia.