Let the Hunting Began!

Alright, day 3, I have a great feeling about this! I am ready as a moose can be ready for mating season, ergo I can kill for victory with my head. Which is ironic, beceause the antlers, as far as I know, are cancer tumors, that grow uncontrolably out of the heads of moose and deers. So basically I just said I am ready with head cancer. Maybe the loneliness and the mallnourishment start getting the worst out of me.  I need to find some food, some good food, that is enough to go by, and one that can help me work. Ergo meat! 

     In the future/past of mine there were a lot of advocates that said that meat isn't good because it contains too much colesterin, and all sorts of fats, that aren't really needed and good for human health. As matter of fact, that's true...if you get too much of it. And back in my time, or I gues I can say ahead in my time, because everything was made via those fats, almost everything, it got out of hand pretty quick. But if you eat just the amount your body neads to survive, rebuild, and build stronger, a few pounds of meat in your diet won't do bad, especially in the climate zone I am curently, and also in the amount of work I do daily.

     Another problem that a lot of anti-meat advocates will bring up is the ethicacy of meat eating, because animals have feelings too, and for meat to be produced, well...animals are needed to be cut down and processed. And yes, I totally agree to some point, that the way a lot of animals will be treated in farms will be pretty cruel, from giant poultery to giant beef farms, but you can't just lock out a single part of the human diet and survive. Those giant farms were created for the fact of giant population growths, to match the demand, but for a single human like me a few deers, or wild boars can potentially be enough for an entire season, if kept right. There was a technological breaktrough, I think when I was a really small child, or maybe my parents told me about it, about a group of engineers producing meat-like substance out of green leaves, basically restructuring a leaf of a tree to be made out of "meat cells" instead of plant cells, and to make them grow artificially, and it was a succes in the small run, but it wasn't enough to produce the quantity that farms could by the same energy input, and while I am hopeful that it will be continued the research, so that like nuclear fusion, it will grow to have more yield then input, I won't see that happening. But maybe I will see some other way of growing.

   But now, let's get the setup ready. First, we need a good knife, that's a good weapon for close range, and for the butchering of animals for right proportions. Second, we need a dart, for mid range, for self-defence, and also for attacking animals larger then a rabbit. But I need more then one of them ready, for the case that one would shatter in my hands, or that their head would wear and tear itself down, in mids of using it. For all these I need good rocks to be made directly in the right shapes and forms, so that they can easily pierce skin and also flesh.  Also, for these darts I will need sticks, that are strong enough to not be shattered by a single hit, ergo they need to be some kind of fresh branches, and also, the need to be able to support the animals that I take back home, cause I won't really process everything away from home, cause that would be inefficient. And thirdly, but not lastly, I need as much rope-like sturctures as possible, just so that I can make traps, and also, so that I can bind the dead animals to the sticks on which I bring them back. For this I have two options: one is to find hazelnut branches/trees/bushes, however you want to call them, and to skin them. The skin of hazelnut is pretty good at coming off as one long structure, and if woven right can be a good rope material. The backdraw is that I need lot's of hazelnut branches, cause a branch of hazelnut is relatively short, so it needs a lot of material. The other candidate is grass, also woven right, it can be a good  rope. But, and at this the but is as huge as a deers, grass is really fragile. I don't know if you tried woving grass, but a simple wrong turn and the whole thing can fall appart, because it doesn't have much tensal strength. It is abundant, I can make lot of small, two-threaded strands, that I would wove toghether, but that would be sisyphean, or in normal terms, a really huge work, so large in fact, that it doesn't merit to be done. So the choice falls on hazelnut. Now let's go, hunt some resources to hunt!