Fresh starts

^patrick-#2^
Walking into the small, cramped office I looked around. An older woman by the name of June sat at the wooden desk, the only furniture in the room.
She spoke softly and clearly,"Your admissions and fees were all paid for by an anonymous person. You are supplied with a dorm, fridge, wardrobe, bed, a roomate, and of course, a small bathroom. Your lunches are paid for by said donor. You can go now to the desk in the lobby labeled tour guides. One will show you to your designated dorm room. That is all, you may go now."
I replied with a simple, "Thanks ma'am."
As she stated, a tour guide showed me to my dorm and told me that my roommate would be there in a few minutes.
My roommate arrived fourteen minutes later. He was young looking and said a shy "hello" in a higher tone of voice, "I'm Patrick, what's your name?"
I simply replied, "Laurel, and nice to meet you."
We stayed up all night talking to each other and learning about who we were. He was majoring in biochemistry, was 19, and had 2 siblings, both older. I, on the other hand was majoring in education of sciences for 8-10th grade, was 18 1/2 and had 1 sibling, an older brother.
****************
We both went to breakfast the next morning. While waiting to get breakfast his other friends encountered us. We joked and went to eat our food. Mandi, his girlfriend was my age and had no brothers or sisters. His best friend was 20 and had 3 siblings.
We went to our first day of classes, and everything was normal. We all met up for lunch and then went our separate ways. Me and Patrick went to our dorm room.
***********
(flashback)

I remembered the van pulling up to me while I was walking down the street. I was pulled into the van kicking and screaming. The driver informed me that my influential dad had done the "crew" wrong by putting them into jail and he would pay for it. I was hit by an unknown hand...
*************
(End flashback)

I woke up in a cold sweat with Patrick standing over me. I cried at him not to hurt me again. he calmed me down and asked me what had happened. I didn't want to explain to him and turned over and slept again.

*************
Thanks for reading