Chapter 44

Saige POV

"Oooh someone's up from their nap" I said as Roddy walked in my living room, I was writing in my notebook while he was sleep.

"Yeah.. I woke up and you weren't next to me" He said plopping down on the couch right by me and he laid on my lap.

"Baby you laying on my notes" I said laughing.

"Mmmm" He groaned.

"Okay, lift up a lil bit so I can move the notebook" I said.

He lifted up and I moved the notebook from under him, "Alright you good baby" I said and he laid back onto my lap like a baby.

I laughed and said "Aww you're so cute"

"Shut up" He said chuckling a little and I rubbed the back of his head. "What was you doing?" He asked.

"Writing a little excerpt for creative writing" I said.

"Can I hear it?" He asked me.

"Mhm" I said. I opened my notebook, and went through the pages before I got to my excerpt that I wrote.

"I don't know why I always get so nervous to read my notes to you" I said and he laughed.

"Don't be nervous, I love when you write" He said.

"I wrote this for all the women who've been hurt before. And who are still hurting" I said.

"Mmm, I'm listening my baby" He said rubbing my legs while he was laying on me.

"Okay um..." I said before reading it.

"Fuck you for temporarily destroying her hope of being loved. Fuck you for urging her to trust you, knowing all along you were never brave enough to be loyal to her. Fuck you for making her believe you would tell her the truth. And now you're fucked because eventually she'll walk away. She may read this now, stuck between thinking you'll change and wanting to move on because deep down she knows that she deserves more. Maybe she will read this in search of a sign. A queen is a queen, and must hold herself as that and remember that she is deserving of much more. It's okay to be sad, it's okay to feel hurt but this is not the end. This is an opportunity to walk away and begin again. The start of self love and a new realization of what true love can be.

-Saige"

"Whew okay." I said finishing it up.

"I like that shit, you better speak life into them women out there" Roddy said and we both laughed.

"Thank you baby" I said.

"I really liked that though, it's gone resonate without of women that's been through that typa shit" Roddy said.

"Yeah because we've all been there with a trash ass nigga" I said rolling my eyes.

"Do you have one now?" Roddy asked and I looked down at him and smiled.

"Absolutely not" I said.

"That's right.." He said.

"Come give me some sugaaaaa" I said, he laughed and said "Mmmm okay" before sitting up and he leaned in kissing me, and I kissed him back immediately.

"You never told me how it went at your mothers house?" I said as we pulled away and he sighed.

"Man.. Its always some bullshit baby" Roddy said leaning back against the couch.

"What happened? If you don't wanna talk about it right now then-"

"Nah you good. I'm thinking me and my mom was finna have a private conversation but my dad and Julius was there" Roddy said and I sighed shaking my head.