Chapter 6

Saige POV

"Wassup?" Jamari said walking inside of my house

"Don't you think we should talk?" I asked him as we walked to my living room and sat down on the couch.

"About what?" He asked pulling out his phone and going through it.

"About the other day Jamari, you hung up in my face.." I said.

"You was out with that one nigga, so why you care?" He asked.

"What? Yeah I was out with him but you could've let me finish my sentence, instead you hung up on me and hurt my feelings." I said, he sighed.

"How I hurt yo feelings?" Jamari asked.

"What do you mean? That's rude and you're my best friend so of course I'm gonna care" I said.

"I was just irritated, I'm coo though" He said

"Can I ask why you were irritated?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter" Jamari said.

"Yes it does" I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"I think how you feel matters, you're my best friend so I wanna make sure you're okay.." I said.

Jamari looked over at me. "I just wanna protect you at all costs" He said.

"I understand that" I said.

"And you hanging out with that nigga, ain't good for you. He's not good for you" Jamari said.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I've seen him with hella bitches before you started going to the college" Jamari said.

"So? What that gotta do with me?" I asked.

"What you mean?" Jamari asked.

"Well, you're making it seem like me and him are more than friends or something and we're not. We are just friends, and that's all, so I don't care who he hangs out with when he's not with me" I said.

"Thats not the point" Jamari said.

"Then what is the point?" I asked him.

"The point is you need to be careful who you hang out with before you get your feelings hurt by them" Jamari said.

"I hear you." I said sighing.

Sometimes I just let Jamari say what he has to say, and I don't argue with him on it. I just don't feel like going back and forth, I'm not an argumentative girl.

He looked on my coffee table, seeing the roses Roddy got me sitting in the vase and asked "Who got you these?"

"Roddy" I said and he chuckled.

"He tryna get in your panties fasho" Jamari said, I sighed.

"Because he got me roses?" I asked.

"That's the first step, he plotting." Jamari said.