Chapter 1 Accepting Reality

(Pic of Snofilia)

I blinked my eyes a couple times at the mans words, "Wha-" I attempted to say but found out I couldn't get the words out of my mouth, "Your name is Snofilia(Snow-fil-ia) you are the daughter of Richard Graham and Molly Graham, who are the owners of the largest incorporation in the US, you had a car accident and have been in a coma for two years. The doctors said you might have forgotten many things, my name is Michael Phillips and I am your butler," the man spoke quickly and ended with a bow in my direction.

I flapped my hands around and attempted to act out a mirror. Michael seemed to get what I was trying to say and handed me a hand held mirror, when I looked into the mirror I was shocked. My black and silver hair was now a platinum blonde that went down to my shoulders, my eyes were the same pale ice blue, I had the same nose and lips though they were a bit pale, from the coma I guessed.

I set down the mirror and looked down at my hands as I attempted to collect all of my thoughts. 'Where's Dusk,' I wrote down on a notepad that was placed beside my bedside, "I'm sorry Miss Graham but I do not believe we have ever known a Dusk," Micheal said with another bow towards me.

I shook my head as my eyes began to droop. "You should rest. I will take you home once your parents call to have you signed out and the doctor checks up on you to make sure you are ready to leave," Michael said with another bow which had begun to annoy me before he left the room. I turned on my side and allowed one tear to slip out of my eye as I thought of the possibility that Dusk and the others could have been merely a dream.

* * * *

I stared out of the window of the limousine that brought me to a large mansion, letting out a soft sigh I rested my cheek against the cold window. "Miss Graham are you okay?" the driver asked politely, I gave him a weak smile and a nod which he returned before he pulled to a stop in front of the mansion.

I hopped out before he could open the door and walked up the steps and into my old home as quick as I could, I was already missing the cold air and the castle I had built with the others. "Sweetie I'm so glad your home," Molly Graham spoke as she stepped down the stairs.

Molly Graham had a posture that commanded attention, her pale blonde hair, that was two shades darker than mine, was twisted up into an elegant bun. She was petite next to me, I obviously gained my 5'10 height from Richard Graham which was obvious the moment he stepped into the room. He had pitch black hair that was greased back cleanly, his icy blue eyes clashed with Molly's gunmetal grey ones rather nicely I thought. I smiled softly at them grateful that I wouldn't have to call them Mom or Dad, I would not be able to and that would just make things awkward.

I could feel my cold persona returning as I wrote on a pad, 'I would like to go to bed, where is my room?' it seems like they were used to my cold personality and quickly ordered a servant to lead me to my room.

It was a pale ice blue walls with black and ice blue swirled bed sheet along with a black curtain which held ice blue snowflakes causing the first smile since I had woken up to grace my lips. Suddenly a ding sounded from beside my bed to show an intercom, "Sweetie I just wanted to let you know that your father and I have paid for a trip wherever you wish to go, you leave in two days," Molly's voice flowed over the intercom before clicking off.

I huffed and rolled my eyes wishing I could spit out a snappy retort. "This is so stupid," I snarled before jerking to a stop as I realized that something had happened, I touched my throat as I realized that I had spoken.

'It must have just been temporary,' I thought with a squeal as I jumped around in my room. "Dusk!" I attempted to shout only realizing that once again my voice had disappeared. I drop my head in my hands as the sobs racked through my body as I thought bitterly. 'You never know how much the people in your lives mean to you until they disappear.'

Shaking my head I turned and began to pack, something in my heart telling me to go to India. 'I would like to go to India,' I wrote down on paper before sending it to Molly's and Richard's room changing into a pair of short shorts and a tank top before walking into my bathroom which was pretty awesome.

There was a shower as well as a large bathtub; deciding to indulge myself, I stripped down and hopped into the tub with a soft sigh after setting up the hot bubbling water which caused all the aches, except for the ache in my heart, to drift away slowly.

Once I finished in the tub I ran a hair brush through my soft, silky, pin-straight blonde hair and put back on my pyjamas and walked back to my bed. Pulled out the covers I hopped into bed and cuddled the sheets around my frame as I allowed two more tears to drip from my eyes, one each, before slipping into a fitful rest.

Some part of me hoped that I would return to Dusk once I fell asleep but I was disappointed to only dream of blackness which caused a deeper ache to cut through my heart as I finally submitted to it.