Chapter 3 India At Last

"Miss Graham I have direct orders from Mrs. Graham that you begin to pack your bags," Michaels voice roused me from my sleep causing me to huff but I nodded my head and slowly stumbled out of bed. After my shower I picked out two suitcases and filled them to the brim, with being 6 weeks in India I was starting to get a tad bit excited. On the way to India Molly had a sign language teacher to teach me in the jet which I was extremely grateful for.

I followed Michael through the airport until we got to a private lane where the jet was waiting for me, "Miss Graham once you land in India a family will be waiting for you, you will stay with them for two weeks before I will come and pick you up, not to worry your parents have checked out the family and they are good," Michael explained to me only getting a nod as I began to dive into the art of sign language.

After learning almost all of the sign language, I learned I am a fast learner, I dozed off for a while, only waking up when Michael woke me up to tell me we were about to land. I sat up, the sleep quickly vanishing as I quickly packed up my backpack and threw it on my lap as the plane slowly made its descent, pressing my lips together into a thin line to hide my excitement I looked down at India with wide eyes.

A smile pulled on my lips as I watched the dirt landing strip get closer and closer to the ground, when we landed it was with a jerk and a squeal as we skidded to a stop. I leaped up from my seat as raced out to the door where I threw it open, welcoming the hot blast of air that flashed in my face as I raced down the steps. I was wearing a pair of dark blue jean shorts with red and dark purple checkered converse along with a dark blue tank top and a dark purple and black checkered open tee.

"Miss Graham this is the Miller family, they are the ones who are going to let you stay with them for two weeks," Michael said as he stepped out of the plane beside me. -Thank you for letting me stay with you- I signed with a wide grin as they quickly answered, "No problem dear, please follow us to the car, I am so glad that we know sign language. All our kids do just so you know. You will always be understood." a woman said as I grabbed my backpack and was about to grab my two suitcases when I saw that Michael had already grabbed them.

-Goodbye Michael see you in two weeks- I signed Michael before hopping into the car and watched the butler disappear into the distance before turning to face the front. I slipped back into my colder exterior but I knew I had to keep it in check, Dusk wasn't here to apologize for my rude behavior or save my butt if someone gets prissy on the way I'm acting. Clenching my fists, a habit I seem to be making whenever I think of the others, I let a soft sigh escape my mouth as I continued to watch the scenery pass by.

Driving in India was like keeping the gas petal on the floor while almost breaking the wheel, though it seemed almost normal for the Miller family to almost hit a person on the street. "Oh we forgot to introduce ourselves, my name is Jack and this is my wife Melanie," the man who was driving spoke up as he pulled into a long driveway that led to a cute but small house. -Nice to meet you I'm Snofilia- I signed with a wide smile.

I stepped out of the car as Jack and Melanie led me up to the front door, "Jaxson watch where your going!" a very familiar voice as we neared the front door causing Jack to sigh and Melanie to roll her eyes with a small smile that lit up her features. "That is our youngest daughter Tarien, almost 17, she just woke out of a coma herself a couple days ago," Melanie said with a cheerful smile, -How long was she in the coma?- I signed with wide eyes.

"Two years dear, about the same time as you," Melanie explained causing my heart to drop to my stomach as I nodded and attempted to act normal though I could see that they were worried but they led me into the house anyway. I ignored the house but took off my converse when Jack and Melanie did the same as I was led into the living room where two teens were pillow fighting. The boy had shaggy dark brown hair with golden-brown eyes in which he must have gotten from Melanie.

"Mom your home already?" the girl asked turning to face us. I stared at her, she looked so familiar, but I just brushed it off. I signed-If you don't mind my asking where will I sleep?-

"Oh, sorry, hang on," Melanie said with a small grin. "Tarien! Show Snofilia to her room, please. Jaxson stop pillow fighting with your sister," she said, causing the two to break up, there just resumed pillow fight.

"Hey, I am Tarien. Your room is upstairs, across from mine." Tarien said cheerfully as she lead me up the stairs. She looked at me quizzically and said,"You know, you look really familiar for some reason." As we reached the top of the stairs she said,"Here is your room, mine is over there if you need anything."

She walked into her room and I heard some quiet country music start playing in her room and soon after I heard her singing along. I smiled and entered my room so I could start unpacking.