not my homeland anymore.

Camelot - 517 AD

You were laughing as you watched the Knights and some of the other Eternals dancing, full of drink and merry

You were laughing as you watched the Knights and some of the other Eternals dancing, full of drink and merry. They were celebrating in the courtyard after a successful quest. Kingo had pulled out the special Odin's brew, and had tricked Gilgamesh into chugging it. It was going to be an interesting night.

You had been in Camelot for a few years now. You had come under King Uther's rule. That had been difficult. Your powers were seen as magic in this time, which was persecuted with no mercy. You in particular were at risk, because you had power over chaos magic, which ran rampant in the underground of Camelot. You almost regretted bringing it to the humans all those centuries ago. But you had seen it used in the pursuit of good and evil. You had gotten better over the centuries. You were trying not to let the actions of the wicked cloud your judgment of the good.

Druig helped. You spent a lot of your time in his mind again, sharing his thoughts. What had once been a solace to escape the enormity of thoughts you had to comb through now became your salvation when the evil threatened to take over your heart. 

It was better now that Arthur had taken the throne. He had brought Camelot into a Golden Age where people were equal and all were accepted. Your family was free to be themselves, not slaying the Deviants in secret, often made invisible by Sprite's power.

A small boy, no older than eight, came to your side as you continued watching the Knights and Kingo. You smiled at him but your smile turned into a frown as you took in his expression, his glazed eyes. There was something off about him, something you could sense. You almost thought he looked the way the humans did when Druig controlled them. But this wasn't Druig. This was different. And the humans did not have this kind of power.

You touched his mind with yours gently, trying to see what was wrong, but you found nothing but mist.  You suddenly knew what this was. You turned to him, your eyes flashing. "Who are you?" You seethed.

"Follow me, Y/N, if you want the boy to live," the child said in a monotone voice, his eyes meeting yours.

"I will come, but know this. If you hurt him, I will hunt you down," you said. "You will regret the day you learned to wield Chaos."

"Come peacefully and I will have no need to escalate further," the person controlling him said.

"Lead the way." He took your hand.

You followed the boy down an alley, your eyes flickering around to take in your surroundings. You were ready for a fight. You may have taught the humans Chaos magic per Ajak's command, but you had not taught them everything. They were limited by needing incantations and you were not. You weren't sure why this person was trying to take you on, but you'd find out to save the boy. You knew you were limited on what you could do to avoid interfering in events, but you would not let them hurt this boy, whoever they were.