scared of what's behind and what's before.

"There you are, Tiger Lily," Tony said as you walked back into the conference room, taking your seat next to Steve again

"There you are, Tiger Lily," Tony said as you walked back into the conference room, taking your seat next to Steve again. He looked at you questioningly but you just nodded. You weren't okay but you didn't want to worry him. "Phastos was about to tell us about the multiverse."

"Yeah, just needed a minute," you said.

Your eyes met Thena's across the room and she raised an eyebrow at you. You were not as shocked that you fell into the same routine with Thena as you were with Druig. You and the warrior had been best friends, and well, she hadn't betrayed you. Besides, you had developed a bond so strong that you often didn't needs words, or even thoughts in your mind to communicate.

I'm fine. You assured her. She hummed like she didn't believe you and everyone looked at her, but she stayed silent.

You looked over to Phastos as you saw Druig return to the room as well, sitting down silently, his eyes on you for a moment before they looked away.

"What about the multiverse?" You asked the man. "Is this something to do with those images we saw at the end of your uni-mind, which by the way is a stupid name?"

Kingo laughed. "I told you man, it sucks." He leaned over the table to high five you, but you sent him back to his seat with a wave of your hand. "Okay, so she's still rude, good to know. Apparently seventy years away from me didn't make her realize how much she loves me and start to be nice to me." You smirked.

"Anyway," Phastos said as he stood and fiddled with the device on his wrist so that a gold light in space appeared above the middle of the table. "There are an infinite number of universes that all exist side by side." He pushed a button and the light broke into many pieces, all the same. "They're created by the choices we make, every choice branches off into a different universe. So, there's one where you're not Avengers, and one where Steve Rogers didn't go into the ice and one where Bruce Banner isn't the Hulk, and so on and so on. But," the lights shifted into one, a darker entity. "First there was the First Firmament, the first universe. This was a universe that was sentient, probably as close to what you humans call God as you could get."

"It created the celestial-beings the Aspirants to worship it," he continued. "And from there, some Celestials broke off. They wanted to create life that wasn't meant to just worship the First Firmament, but to grow and thrive. Then came the Celestial Wars. During that time, one of the Celestials fell to the Earth as he was dying, and his friend who fought on the other side, an Aspirant named Zgreb followed him. And when he saw his dying friend, he wrecked havoc on the world. He became infected by the Horde, a insect like being that serves the First Firmament. Basically, they are the check and balance of the universe. They destroy where the Celestials create. They infected him and turned Zgreb into a Dark Celestial."

"But the humans and aliens of the time, some with superpowers were able to stop him and his Horde, locking them in an eternal cage deep within the Earth's core where he would remain."