Chapter 22- Locked

AN: Short one sorry! I'm trying to get back into the rhythm of writing. No promises yet, but I'm trying! Thank you all for being so patient! 

You shift uncomfortably as the shuttlecraft jolts into place, locking into the Alien's ship with the jarring sounds of metal against metal. This was it. No going back now. Your mission? Infect as many of the Gods as possible. Force them to show their cards. Kirk theorised that the aliens were products of generations of their species terrorising the Jsians, and that the knowledge of the advanced science they possessed was lost to the times. To test this theory, you would have to force them to use the cure they claimed to possess, on themselves.

A sharp hiss alerts you to the shuttlecraft door opening. This is, by far, the most insane thing you've ever had to do. A coil in your stomach turns your face a little green, a year ago you could barely get groceries and now you're being sent on a high stakes mission to an alien spacecraft! This felt all too much. What if you fucked it all up? Made it even worse for them? What if these evil looking aliens just killed you on sight? Dear god, what if they just kidnap you and fly off??

By the time the shuttle door opens you're descending into a spiral of anxiety. This is all a huge mistake. Kirk doesn't understand how incapable you are, nobody does. Except... Spock. Spock understood. He saw your insecurities and flaws and embraced them wholeheartedly. Your heart aches. Where were you at now, after your passionate exclamation of your feelings last night? Despite his vulnerabilities the man is still a Vulcan, surely he wouldn't appreciate the awkwardness of your confession?

A sudden noise breaks you out of your thoughts. It sounded strangely like... a cat coughing up a hairball? What the hell? The doorway was empty, no change visible.

You reach for your phaser, squinting your eyes in the darkness, "Hello? Is anyone there? My name is-"