Chapter 2: Time Dies

B A R C E L O N A: Minjee

>>> T A O

Tao walked down the street his hands in his pockets life was better when time stopped.

No need to wait for traffic or run into rude pedestrians.

He turned the corner walking to his apartment which was a few blocks down from the cafe he usually ordered an Americano from every morning.

Something flickered in the corner of his eyes as he walked up the steps to apartment B3.

A wisp of black hair had moved behind him.

He felt as if someone was watching him, but then again he always felt like that. He shrugged it off turning the key into the lock and pushing the door open.

With a small movement of his wrist his symbol began to shimmer continuing time, he could hear the sound of the city alive again.

He went to his fridge taking out a container of left over kimchi he bought the other day from a local Korean food cart, he opened the container shoving a piece of the spicy cabbage into his mouth not caring for its cold contents.

"I have no idea how you can eat that stuff" Tao froze as he heard a charismatic voice in his kitchen. The container fell from his hand but it didn't reach the ground before it froze in midair.

His eyes widened if he hadn't froze that momentum, who did?

He lifted his head to see a girl sitting on his counter wearing a skin tight jump suit. She waved to him in a mocking tone before unfreezing the time to let the kimchi splatter all over the floor.

"Might want to clean that up" She winked at him hopping off the counter and handing him a rag that was in the sink.

Finding the girl as a threat Tao took the rag twisting in his hands before flipping over the girl wrapping the rag around her neck turning the cloth into a fighting tool.

"Who are you?" He asked her tightening his grip on her, she chuckled softly before lifting her hands to grab Tao by the neck flipping his body weight over.

Tao landed on his back the air knocked out of him.

He knifejacked to his feet throwing a small punch at the stranger in his home, the girl reacted fast swinging her leg getting the legend right in the chest.

He fell back just in time for the girl to straddle him to the ground.

"I'm Minjee".

x MINJEE x

I got off the legend extending my hand to him to help him up, hesistently he gradually took my hand getting off the ground.

"Why did you attack." He asked.

" I wanted to see how well your trained, plus you started it first" Tao glared at me picking the rag he nearly choked me with up.

"You lack in alot of training, you could have used your abilitiy to prevent the whole thing-"

"How do you know about my powers?" Tao looked at me in disbelief.

I sighed rubbing my temples at his dense mind.

I got down on one knee putting my head to the ground before saying the words I renounced since birth.

"I am the guardian of legend Tao, here to protect even if it means my life for you are my life without the heart the branches wither away from the tree becoming lifeless and still. I am the protector of the exo, I am the Exodus."