Chapter 5: The Star Stethoscope

[Y/N]'S POV

As I was walking away from Yamabuki Bakery, I was thinking of where to go next. Then I remembered something.

[Y/N]: I need to grab some stuff to make dinner...

I have a cornet with me, but I need to get myself a proper dinner tonight. What should I have though?

I begin to ponder on what I could possibly have for tonight.

Maybe some pasta? Ramen? Sukiyaki?

[Y/N]: I probably should've bought a Salisbury while I was still at Yamabuki Bakary. I-I mean... Poppin'Pastry.

I wonder why that was the name it was given...

But either way, after thinking about it for a bit...

[Y/N]: Meh. I'll just order a pizza or something. But just in case, I should probably drop by the grocery store and buy some ingredients if I ever decide to cook anything tomorrow.

I'm not really in the mood to make anything fancy tonight. Or to make anything, really.

I then make my way to the grocery store. It's 6:01 PM in the afternoon and the sun is beginning to set. I stop in my tracks as I see the sun beginning to set. I watch as it slowly descends, and the bright orange light slowly disappears.

It's beautiful.

By the time the sun had set, the sky started to get dimmer and dimmer. I look up and see the moon. I smile.

[Y/N]: Good to see you again, old friend.

I stare at the moon, my closest friend for the longest time, smiling to myself. I then proceed to continue making my way to the grocery store. As night falls, it starts to get a little chilly. Thankfully, my uniform is thick enough to provide me some warmth. After a few minutes, I finally arrive at the grocery store. Or a convenience store, I think.

I dunno, I'm just looking for a place to buy food.

And as I get in...

...it's even colder.

[Y/N]: Brrr...

I rub my arms, trying to warm myself up a bit.

[Y/N]: I'd better make this quick...

I then begin going around the store, looking for the ingredients I might need. To be honest, I didn't quite prepare a list for this. I'm just going around the place, picking up whatever I see that I think would be essential.

I take a turn down the isle with a couple of ingredients in my basket, and on one of the shelves, I see something I never thought I'd ever see again in my life.

[Y/N]: P... P... Pocky chocolate sticks??...

I haven't seen one of these in ages... My mom would buy me one of these after a trip away from home. I'm pretty sure she once took a trip to Tokyo and brought home a box of these too, and I loved it. Looks like it's the last box too. I look around me to see if anyone who's looking for it is around. The coast is clear.

[Y/N]: Well... don't mind if I do--

I then proceed to grab the box with my hand, about to take it, but as I do, another hand grabs hold of it.

...

There's a quick moment of silence before I look to my left to see whose hand it belongs to.

[Y/N]: Ahh--

???: Ohh, uh-- D-Did you want that? I'm sorry, you can have it, ehehe.

Beside me stands a girl with purple eyes and about shoulder-length brown hair. She has a pair of small red stars resting on one of her bangs and... cat ears. Or at least, that's what they look like.