The Fateful Encounter

Ginger and Papyrus ran through the snow, down the path of Snowdin Town, and into the forest to go assess their stations. Sorin and Sans however took their time and trudged through the snow, and the snow crunched beneath their feet.

"𝘀𝗼 𝘂𝗵. .𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗮 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘂𝗽 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗮𝗹?"

Sans just seemed to be trying to make small talk to ease the awkward silence, and Sorin appreciated this, so he responded back as they walked into the forest.

"Not too much... It's mainly just been taking care of the family. How have you been?"

Sans took a moment to think before just giving a neutral response along the lines of "𝗶'𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁." as the two walked down the snow covered path and began to test puns on each other.

A few minutes later they cross the bridge Papyrus made with Ginger's help, and all the while they keep making jokes to try and crack the other up. That was until they both went dead silent at the sound of the giant door at the end of the road, the door that had always been shut, opened and then quickly closed again.

"What the he-"

Sorin didn't get to finish his question as Sans pulled him into the treeline and quickly told him the plan to meet this new person. The two stalked through the trees and Sans shortcut to a branch the person had avoided, snapped it on two, and shortcut back before he could be seen.

The look of confusion on the person's face was priceless, and the duo could barely hold back laughter at the sight, but they both decided to finally take this semi-seriously as Sans walked up behind them and offered his hand for a handshake.