Chapter Seven - The Reveal

You looked over as Valerie cleared her throat loudly. You looked over as she nervously chuckled, "Well, I best be going to that apartment appointment-"

"No, no, no. Valerie, you have to stay!" You whined, rushing over since you hadn't exactly noticed what the reason for her leaving was. She shook her head. Stefan gulped, and Damon's brow raised as he studied Valerie and Stefan's reaction. You pouted, noticing Valerie's distraught expression, "Val, what's... oh." You paused, looking over at Stefan with a realization.

Stefan's brows were furrowed, looking her up and down in both confusion and the same distraught he felt when she disappeared from his life. Caroline noticed, grasping his arm and looking between the two as they exchanged longing glances.

Caroline frowned, looking at all of you with a frown. "Stefan, do you know her?"

"Hang on. Valerie... as in v-card Valerie?" Damon asked, looking over at Stefan for confirmation. "'Wham, bam, thank you, ma'am', broke your heart, and... uh..."

Stefan sighed in annoyance, closing his eyes and grasping his nose's bridge. "Damon-"

You squeaked, feeling immensely awkward. Caroline gasped loudly when processing the words, covering her mouth in surprise as everyone stood still for a moment as the tension rose.

"Well..." Elena started, clearing her throat. You turned, looking over to Kai and Jacob with wide eyes. You wanted to laugh, but you also couldn't- not without being immensely rude. Kai, on the other hand, was already snickering. Jacob too.

You shook your head, glaring at them while resisting the urge to laugh. Everyone still stayed silent before you sighed, finally able to compose yourself as you cleared your throat. You grasped Valerie's arms, reassuring her and looking to Stefan. "I think we should all give you two some privacy to work things out-"

"Uhh, I don't think-" Stefan started.

"I agree." Caroline bluntly said, "Go talk to your first-time ex which I apparently had no idea about."

Stefan frowned, seemingly and very annoyed.

Caroline continued, "I mean, how does (Y/N) know? Out of all people, she knows?! Seriously?"

"Hey." You protested. "I was with Valerie for months- we bonded. I mean, we were both scorned mothe-" Valerie slapped your arm, making you raise your brows as you realized what you had almost said. "I meant-"

"Scorned? What?" Stefan asked, looking over at Valerie with deep confusion.

Valerie groaned, walking past everyone as she grabbed Stefan by the arm and dragged him to your bedroom. The slamming of your bedroom door made everyone simultaneously flinch. Caroline sighed, "So much for a party."

You sighed as well, "I don't see why we should let this be a damper on anyone's party."

"My boyfriend is in your bedroom with his ex! It's a damper, (Y/N)!"

You smiled in amusement, rolling your eyes and turning towards Kai. He had stopped snickering, only looking at you with an amused smile. You wished you could cross the room and kiss him...

The conversation from the bedroom wasn't heard from here- you figured Valerie must have used sage and a spell... which she did.

Stefan sighed, sitting down as Valerie had just finished explaining why she hadn't gone back- only about her pregnancy, at least. Nothing more... yet.

Valerie fidgeted, her nerves wracked. "Say something, Stefan.

Stefan swallowed, tears in his eyes. He stared blankly ahead, almost horrified as he started to process everything. "Did Julian kill you?"