chapter one

June 16, 1965. Wednesday.
4:30am.

"Thanks for taking me Ashley, I had a great time" I said to my best friend Ashley as I got out of the car.

"No problem, see you later" she said and drove off.

I got inside my house with my things and the first thing what happened was, me getting slapped across the face. I fell on the floor, touching my cheek where it stung.

"WHERE. THE. HELL. WERE. YOU!!?" My 'soon to be husband', Adam yelled.

"I told you, Ashely took me to Scotland to go for a hike!" I said. He took his belt off and started hitting me with it. I felt my whole body numbed.

"I'm not finish with you, I'm gonna buy some beer and when I come back, I'm gonna show what happens when you be a bad girl. I'm locking the door" he said and left,
locking the door like he said and taking the car.

I stood up quickly, grabbed my suitcase, my guitar, my journal and my lucky necklace. I grabbed piece of paper and a pen and wrote:

Good luck trying to find me,
sweet heart.
I put my wedding ring in the side

Then, I thought for a minute:

How do I get out?

The window! Brilliant.

I grabbed my stuff, opened the window, got out and closed it, like nothing had happened. Looked at my watch, Wednesday, 5:00 am.

I looked up in the sky, the sun rising up, I smiled.

I'm free.

I ran where ever the road took me....

--
After running away for ten minutes I found a cab.

"Where to?"

"Do you know any good restaurants or cafés?" I asked.

"Yeah, its only 15 minutes away but I don't think they are open, they open till 6:30" the driver said.

"Its ok, just take me somewhere to kill time or something" I said. The driver nodded and started driving.

I grabbed my journal and pen, and then started writing:

June 16,1965
Wednesday morning at 5 o'clock at the day begins,

My journey, starts here....

Thats all I had so far, so i decided to put it away and stare at the window to see what's outside in the real world.

"So, why do you have a suitcase?" The driver asked.

"Long story, I ran away from my mean fiancé" I said.

"Fiancé?"

"Yeah, he..um.. Beats me...and rapes me" I said embarrassed.

He looked at me through the rear view mirror.

"Oh i shouldn't have asked"

"No its ok....so is this what you do all day? Sit in your ass all day and listening to people's mouth?" I said.

He chuckled and nodded.

"What do you think I'm doing now?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Touché Mr driver" I said.

"I have a name you know" he said with his eyes on the road.

"Oh really, I have a name too, its Jasmine. Jasmine Williams" I said and smiled.

"Touché " he said back.

" hey, I didn't get your name?"

"Mr cab driver" he said.

I smiled and laughed.

"Cheeky" I said.

"Yeah, call me Phil" he said.

After an hour of driving and talking to Phil, we went to a little café.

"I'd love a tea please" I said to the waitress.

"A coffee for me please" Phil said. The waitress nodded and left to make our meal.

"So tell me about yourself" I said to Phil

"Alright then, I'm 55 years old, live in a nice house with my loving wife, Clara" he said

I smiled.

"Any children?"

"Yeah six kids" he said.

"Six kids?!" I said. The waitress came with our drinks and left, we thanked her.

"Yeah, for the income tax" he said taking a sip of his coffee. I laughed.

" just kidding, but yeah, they are all grown up already, they have their own children." He added.

We were silent for awhile, sipping our drinks, enjoying each others company.

We were getting to know each other and he seemed like a really sweet person. We were in the café for three hours till Phil had to go back to work.

"Thank you for hanging out with me" I said.

"No problem, if ya need advice, call me, I'll be like your other father" he said. I smiled. He gave me his address of his house whenever I want to talk to him for advise.

Once he left I started walking around, trying to find a new place. I walked by a street named 'Abbey road' and saw a bunch of screaming teenage girls in the fence.

"JOHN LENNON, MARRY ME!!" One girl screamed.

"RINGO I LOVE YOUU!!!" another one screamed.

Beatle fans. Interesting.

I walked more. I saw people enjoying the fine summer mourning, kids playing, elderly people gardening. I started to notice that, people disappear as I walked.

"Where the hell am I !?" I asked myself. I was in the middle of nowhere.

Literally.

I started walking more, hoping there'd be a gas station or something. As I walked, I noticed a beautiful house.

"Kenwood? What kind of name is that for a house" I said.

Then I thought and smiled in relief. Maybe I can ask for some directions. I walked toward the house until I felt something hit my head. It was a brick.

Before I passed out, I saw four men surrounding me......