Answer, Rodeo, and Answer

Rob

Killian and me were standing out on the porch before the Rodeo. 

"I've gotten to know you better. I've seen how you treat my daughter. I've seen the love she has for you. It's unbreakable. I've seen you go riding with her while she's scouring the Ranch for dangerous animals. It-- It's a dangerous job, Killian. You herd horses with us despite all of them following her right away." 

"Well, herding horses is actually fun. And I don't want Katy riding off by herself. No matter how fast Flicka is. I don't care how fast she is. She could knock Katy off her." 

"Th-- That's a good point but Katy has battled worse than Mountain Lions coming at her." 

"Yeah. She still didn't tell me what happened. She just said she made a stupid decision that nearly resulted in her getting herself and Flicka killed." 

"Well, she doesn't exaggerate on that part but it's not my story to tell. I can't tell you. I'm sorry. I guess Katy hasn't told you for a reason. Maybe she can't bring herself to talk about it." 

"Maybe." 

"I think you're the perfect man for my daughter. The man she can build the rest of her life with. The man she can have a family with. Who will support her through everything even when life is tough. You're going through a rough patch, you're not gonna walk out. You'll solve it eventually together. That's how I know you're a good match because I know my daughter doesn't give up." 

"Yeah." 

"So, yes. You can ask her." 

Flicka was in the trailer attached to his blue Ford truck. 

Miranda's horse was in the trailer attached to my black Ford truck. 

Katy had been competing in the Wild Horse Race, disguised as a Cowboy with Howard for the past four years. 

"You know how Katy is." 

"Yeah." 

Killian brought the ring box out. 

He opened it. 

Killian closed it

Killian closed it. 

"I've been saving up for it after I bought my truck a year ago." 

"Yeah." 

"Your daughter wants me to do the Wild Horse Race with her this year." 

"Well, the prize is $30,000 and Katy can catch any horse." 

"Yeah. I've seen that." 

"It's amazing how much Norbert has to pay the winners of the Wild Horse Race. The amount goes up every year. It's amazing he never figures out that it's Katy." 

"I'm thinking of dropping to one knee as soon as she gets around the fourth barrel." 

"I think that'd be a great surprise for her win. Or you can wait until you win the Wild Horse Race."