XXIV

Vidanya's palace had changed immensly, halls once covered in beautiful orchids and vines were now stained with gold plating and marble statues of the wisdom god, pillars weaved from nature's gigantic oaks were now columns of stones encrusted with gems and clocks. Gears adorned the main halls and the inside seemed like a gateway to time, the once large, crystal blue lake had disappeared from the center of the room. It had been replaced with a pit of currencies and valubles. Y/n sneered at the sight, she had reverted her form to that of a human with dark blue locks and eyes the color of seafoam. The toned muscles gained from years of training and the scars from countless battles had disappeared, replaced by crude, pale white skin and delicate, graceful arms and legs. Y/n's stomping had been traded out for a light step and the gentle sway of a skirt the color of cobalt.

Part of her felt disgraced to be in such a form and the other seemed to enjoy it, for she felt like a young girl again, dainty and sweet, carefree. Free.

Rows of maidens were lined in a perfect order, grouped in the colors of their dress as tasks were handed to them for the day. Lavender; cleaned the ballroom, Turquoise; kitchen duty, Maroon; polished the treasures and the main hall, Rose; prepare the dining hall and cleaned up the laundry, and Cobalt; entertain the Kusanali ALL day. Which mean Cobalt wearers had to stay by his side at all times.

The perfect opportunity for Y/n to snag the Gnosis and kill her father, afterall he may be calculating but he was a fool when it came to gorgeous women. The group of Cobalt wearers made their way to the Lord's quarters to greet him for the morning, two young girls pulled open the curtains while another woke the man. It had been years since the warrior laid eyes on her father, he had not changed at all. The same pinstraight, lucious, long, dark ravenette locks hung down to his shoulders, eyes the color of the ocean that sparkled in the sun. A calm, almost chlild-like look pinned to his face, she held back the urge to strangle the bastard.

"Good morning, m'ladies. It is an honor to be graced by the lot of you on this fine morning," He smiled slyly.

She couldn't help it, "How coy of you your majesty, you see its barely even eight in the morning and here you are. So bright and so lovely, why it's simply unfair and yet here the rest of us are looking like pigs next to a god. Unbearable, simply unbearable."

Damnit, she couldn't hide her blunder.

He snickered, a grin on his face, "My my, what a lovely thing you are, a new on perhaps? How interesting, no one has ever spoken to me like that before, i admit I am most fair, my dear. But, you hold more beauty by far."

( I know he's reader's dad and a bitchy murderer, but he's literally so fucking charming my god.)

"Why thank you my lord, though you flatter me far too much. Your grace has no competetor," She replies, a false smile painting her lips.

"Die, I hope you die. No, I'll kill you myself."

"My lord, it seems someone is here to see you."

"I see, you my darling, ready my coat for me?" He orders.

Y/n complies, "As you wish, sir."