three

As the music started up, Minho glanced around the wing, looking for Jisung. He always came in right behind him. He was going to miss his entrance.

"Chan! Han's not here!" he whispered, starting to panic.

"I know but we can't just leave the crowd waiting. We have to go on. He'll make it. I'm sure he just got confused and went to the other side."

Minho nodded, not reassured in the slightest. Had his nerves gotten the best of him? He felt awful for sending him off earlier. He didn't know why he did it. Over such a petty fight.

He hadn't gotten the chance to check on him because of it. What if he was having a breakdown somewhere? All alone?

"I have to go look for him."

He turned to go but Chan grabbed his wrist.

"Minho. The show is starting. I'm sure he's going to be here."

"But what if-"

Just then the crowd started screaming, and they jumped at the burst of volume. Had the other side entered without them?? Why were they so worked up all of a sudden?

The group moved towards the edge of the curtain but didn't see any of their members on the stage yet.

Maybe they had just gotten excited.

But the screaming was only getting louder.

And that's when the growling started.

It sounded almost-inhuman.

As if wild creatures were running through the audience.

Chan grabbed the headset nearest to their wing to talk to the tech team in the soundbox up above.

"What the hell's going on out there?"

"You need to run! Now! Get out of there! Something's horribly wrong! There's blood! Oh God-so much blood!"

"Slow down-what do you mean blood?"

"They just-they came out of nowhere! And started-attacking people! You need to get out of here right now! Take your members and run!"

"I don't understand-what about the fans?? We can't just leave them!"

"There's no hope for them, you need to go now!"

Chan put the headset down.

"What did he say?" Minho asked and the others gathered closer.

"There's been some sort of attack-I don't know. He said we need to get out of here but-how can we just do nothing?"

"Hyung...are we going to die?" Jeongin asked, his fingers holding tightly to his microphone.

Seungmin pulled him close, shaking his head.

"No, we have Channie-hyung with us. We're going to be just fine."

"He's right. As long as I'm here, you'll be safe. I won't let anyone hurt you."

Chan walked over to Jeongin, placing his hands on his shoulders.

"I need you to be brave. All four of you-I need you to go back to the dressing room and lock the door. Okay? Can you do that?"

Seungmin and Jeongin nodded and Hyunjin hesitantly followed suit. But Minho shook his head.

"No! What about you?"

"I just need to figure out the situation-I can't leave without knowing I did everything I could to help them."

"Chan! Are you crazy? You're just an idol! Not a doctor! What could you possibly do!?"