Chapter 1: The Descender Awakens

A young man with dirty white hair and green eyes woke up at the sound of a voice calling out to him.

???: Hello? Can you hear me? Please, wake up.

The young man groans as he sat up then turned to face the voice calling out to him, which is a flying feline-like creature.

Mormo: Hi! I'm Mormo

Mormo: Hi! I'm Mormo. I called you here because I need your help.

The young man said nothing, allowing Mormo to talk more.

Mormo: I'm a Descender from Yaoon, a world just like yours.

The young man looked at Mormo, confused about what the creature said.

???: Descender??

Mormo nods as he explains to the young man.

Mormo: The two of us are Descenders, people born from World Trees. And we are under one right now.

The young man looked up at the ceiling before Mormo speaks again.

Mormo: Oh, i haven't asked you this; What's your name??

The young man looked down until he hears a voice in his head calling out to him.

???: Lux, my child. You must save Terresia from the Devourer.... But after this is over, you must-

The young man shrugged his head and muttered what the voice called him.

Lux: "Lux".... That's my name..

Mormo smiled.

Mormo: Nice to meet you, Lux.

Lux's face remained blank until they heard a girl scream from afar.

Mormo: W-What was that?!

Lux ran and grabbed a rapier nearby then the two arrived at the source of the voice, who was being cornered by a soldier, who noticed Lux and talks to him.

Soldier: Never seen the likes of you around town. More spies?!

Mormo became confused about what the soldier said.

Mormo: . . . "Spies"?

The soldier speaks upon drawing its axe.

Soldier: It doesn't matter to me if you're a spy or not, i'll just finish you off.

BGM: Blazing!

The soldier attacks Lux, who swiftly jumps out of the way and slashes the soldier's weapon to the side and points his weapon at the soldier, who froze in place.