Page 2

Time line: it's a week after the page.
Jake and Devon had been spending everyday with each other.

Jake's pov:
I'm waiting outside for Devon and then Lexi walks up to me.

Le:Hello Jake
Ja:Lexi?
Le:I just wanted to make sure you and Devon would come to my party today.
Ja:Oh yeah your party.
Le:Yeah. My party. So are you coming or not.
Ja:Yeah we'll be there.
Le:Come a hour early to set up.
Ja:Why.....

I start walking and Lexi walks next to me. Odd. Our parents used to be really close then my mom...well died and then we all drifted apart after Lexi's mom and dad called CPS on my dad. Nothing was found.

Le:Listen I'm sorry I feel..
Ja:Like a massive bitch.
Le:Well I was going to say horrible. But year like a bitch.. you were my best friend my only real one. And when we skipped a grade together I wanted to be..cool.
Ja:I feel bad to. I should have let you find your own way. And well I was a clingy fuck for sure.

Lexi grabs my hand. Holding it slight?
I forgot how that felt. Iv never really thought about it. But it's nice having my hand held.

Le:Well we can be clingy together. And be best friends again?
Ja:Sure why not Lexi.

Me and Lexi walks while holding hands. Kinda like when we were younger. She was a cool person then. And I guess now to?

——At a random park——

POV:Lexi

Jake was walking on a brick wall while we talk. We see Devon, Oliver and Junior and Jake climbs onto a tree helping me up.

Le:What are we doing here?
Ja: you how how they are..with me..
Le: No.
Ja:Junior has been...

Jake shrugs putting his knees to his chest. I lean against him saying.

Le:I may not understand you or your brain. But it's okay, we don't have to hang out with them.
Ja:Thanks...kid.
Le:Hey, I'm the same age as you kid.

Jake plays some music and climb to the top of the tree and we stay there all night. It wasn't like my parents would come look for me, and Jake's day must have been busy.

Ja:Your my only friend I have.
Le:Same here

Jake holds my heels helping me down the tree. When we get there we see Junior and Devon.

De:Jake?
Ju:Lexi? They are you with him?

Jake gets down from the wall and helps me down. Jake has always been pretty much like a..gentleman?

Le:We're best friends. So we hang out together....
Ja:Is that a crime?
Ju:It's the middle of the night. Are you hooking up?
De:...Junior that's a bit extreme. Plus Jake-
Ja:Plus Jake what? Junior your toxic masculinity it fun to see in person.
Le:Junior me and Jake are just friends.

Jake sits my heels down and helps me into them. Which junior took as an act of something a boyfriend would to.

Ju:Jake your a dead man.
Ja:I'm also a gay man, which you already knew.
Ju:Uncle says it's a faze
Ja:My dad-

Jake stops talking and I look over at him. I already knew his dad was hitting him. If someone just looked at Jake they would know.