The revenge of Mason Pines

A blood curdling scream is heard from the other side of the lockers. "Help! Help meeeee!"

Sue, Nicki, and Heather dash around the lockers to discover a group of girls clumped in front of the communal shower room. Unseen, at the front of the group, we hear Chris's voice:

"Peer-iod! Peer-iod!" The chant is taken up by the other girls, "Peer-iod, peer- iod," over and over, as Sue grabs another classmate.

"What's going on, Emma?" Emma shrugs, "It's Maricela." Chris, leading the charge, "Plug it up! Plug it up! Plug it up!" Sue pushes her way through the girls, they've all joined Chris.

It's like something out of Lord of the Flies. "Plug it up! Plug it up! Plug it up!" Sue gets to the front of the group.

Maricela, howling, hysterical. Her legs and the white tiles beneath her are streaked with menstrual blood.

The girls are throwing tampons and underwear at her, laughing, taunting, chanting, "Plug it up! Plug it up! Plug it up!" Sue at the front of the group. Another girl, Tina, puts a stack of tampons in Sue's hands.

"Plug it up! Plug it up! Plug it up!" Sue looks at the tampons, then at the girl on the floor. Briefly, the two lock eyes. Then Chris catches Sue's attention; a malicious shine in Chris's smile. A moment of decision. . .then Sue, too, starts chanting.

"Plug it up! Plug it up! Plug it up!" Sue starts throwing tampons at Maricela; Chris snap a picture of Carrie with her cell phone; the chanting continues. "Plug it up! Plug it up! Plug it up!"

Ms. Desjardin, hearing the commotion, comes into the locker room from her office.

As the chanting continues, "God, you'd think she'd never had her period before."

Hearing this, the penny drops for Sue. She looks at the terror-stricken girl. At the blood flowing down Maricela's legs. Thick and dark. Sue grabs Chris's arm.

"Wait, Chris, I think this may be the first time she's-"
As Desjardin forces her way through the gaggle of girls, "What the hell is going on here?"

Desjardin stops cold when she sees Maricela, "Maricela? What's wrong?" The girls shrieks in horror. "I'm bleeding to death!" In a corner of the locker room, a rack of baseball bats topples over.

Sue gasps, turns back to Desjardin and Maricela.

"What? Clean yourself up. Come on." Maricela reaches a hand out, desperately, to the teacher. "H. . .help me, Miss Desjardin, I'm dying." Ms. Desjardin approaches her.

"What are you talking about? Stand up." Maricela clutches for Desjardin desperately, leaving a bloody handprint on the teacher's shorts.

"Please, I'm dying! I'm dying! I'm dying-" Desjardin slaps Maricela and a lightbulb overhead explodes, making everyone jump.

"I'm bleeding to death and I can't make it stop!" The girl whimpers, "What has gotten into you?" Sue still startled by the lightbulb, slowly says, "I don't think she knows it's her period."

Dumbstruck by this, Desjardin turns to the traumatized girl. "Maricela? Is that true?" Not answering the question, tears stream down the girls face. "Help me... Please..."

Desjardin orders the girls, "Get the hell out of here. Now. Go!" She kneels down, next to Maricela, stroking her hair, her face.

"It's just your period, do you know that? Do you know what a period is?" Desjardin asks her once more. "P..period?" Maricela pants, still terrified.

Most of the girls have started to drift away. Sue lingers. "Ms. Desjardin-" Desjardin turns to slightly face her, "You, too, Snell! Out of my sight!"

Sue goes, Desjardin turns her attention back to Maricela. "It's okay, Maricela. They're gone
now. Here, I'll help you..."