Part 19: His anguish

Agar ehsaas bayaan ho jaate lafzon se,Toh phir kaun karta tareef khamoshiyon ki

Toh phir kaun karta tareef khamoshiyon ki.

//

Aadil was restlessly waiting outside the room, pacing here and there while the doctor was examining Zoya.

Finally the door opened with the doctor stepping outside.

"Boss you can meet her now."

He immediately went inside the room, Zoya was lying on the bed, he sat on the bed infront of her and caressed her face.

"Tum thik ho na Zoya? Kya hua tha tumhe?" (Are you fine Zoya? What happened to you?)

She just looked down with a small smile.

"Muskura kyun rahi ho Zoya? Batao kya hua tha!" (Why are you smiling? Tell me what happened!) He impatiently said.

"Doctor tell me what happened to her." He commanded angrily.

The next words ended his world.

"Congratulations you're soon going to be a father." The doctor said with a smile.

His face became pale, he was shocked to the core.

No, this can't be, I can't be a father, never. He thought.

"Are you sure doctor?" He asked hoping it wouldn't be true.

"200% sure boss." The doctor replied rather happily.

He clenched his fists firmly and shut his eyes tightly in order to calm himself down.

Being a father was the last thing he ever wanted to be, he couldn't be a father, not now, not later, never.

"Ab Zoya ma'am ka extra khiaal rakhiyega, kyun ab se aap ko do do ka khiaal rakhna hoga." (Take extra care of Zoya ma'am now, because from now on you have to take care of two persons.) The doctor said with a bright smile.

Aadil gave her a dangerous look, making her shut up immediately and she gulped.

Upon hearing the doctor's words Zoya's smile got brighter, her heart was bursting from happiness, she couldn't wait to be a mother.

"Jao ab yahan se." (Go from here.) Aadil ordered her.

She nodded and immediately left the room.

"Aadil." Zoya called out.

He took a deep sigh, before turning around and decided to tell her that they couldn't be parents.

"Aadil main bohot khush hun." (Aadil I'm very happy.) She happily said.

"Aap bhi khush hain na?" (You're also happy right?) She asked hopefully.

She just got better, he couldn't take away her happiness now, because what he knew, a pregnant woman should never be stressed, so he nodded and turned around to leave.