Part 5: His anger

Agar mohabbat ki hadd nehi koi,Toh dard ka hisaab kyun rakhun

Toh dard ka hisaab kyun rakhun.

//

"God so much work, I hope I'll finish it on time for the presentation."
Zoya said worryingly to herself.

"Agar kaam karna nehi aata toh job par kya karne aaye ho? Abhi isi waqt dafa ho jao! (If you don't know how to work why do you come to work then? Get lost right now!)"

Zoya got a bit scared hearing this loud shouting but she immediately recognized this voice, it could be no one else besides her boss and she thought to herself questioning why he's always so angry, such a grumpy man she thought.

Azaad came inside Zoya's cabin, and saw a frown on her face. "Kya sooch rahi ho?" (What are you thinking?") Suddenly Zoya got startled, because she didn't hear him coming.

"K-kuch nehi. Aap kab aaye? Awaaz nehi aayi thi aap ke aane ki. (N-nothing. When did you come? I didn't hear you coming.)"

"I knocked the door a few times but you didn't answer so I came in. "Oh I'm so sorry mujhe awaaz nehi aayi thi. (Oh I am so sorry I didn't hear it.)" Zoya said apologetically.

"If you keep sinking so hard in your own thoughts like this then it's normal you won't hear the knocking." He said jokingly. "I am sorry." Zoya said again.

"It's fine don't worry." He said with a kind smile.

"Hearing Aadil shouting like this put you to think to why he's like this right?"

"Aapko kaise pata main iss baare mein sooch rahi thi?" (How did you know I was thinking about this ?)"

"Because everyone here is scared of him and I often hear them asking each other the reason for this kind behaviour of his, but they don't dare to utter such words infront of him that's why they talk about it behind his back." He said chuckingly. "Who are you?" Zoya asked. "I'm Aadil's best friend, we know each other since school days, so basically I know everything about him. And honestly speaking he isn't such a bad person as he portrays himself."

"Mujhe toh aisa nehi lagta. ( don't think so.)" Zoya said. "Samajh sakta hun. (I can understand.)" Zoya got shocked hearing this because she said this so softly to herself but he still heard her. "Dekho, uske behaviour par mat jao kyun ke aksar joh insaan dikhata hai woh hota nehi, aur joh hota hai woh insaan dikhata nehi. (Look, don't judge him by his behaviour because often what people show that's not true and often what they don't show is true.)"

"Lagta hai aap unko kaafi ache se jaante hain."(It seems like you know him very well.)" Zoya said. "Yeah, so what I'm only trying to say is..look, I'll tell you briefly, he had an awful past so please don't mind his behaviour and try to understand the feelings behind the mask he wears." He said with a smile and left.

Zoya thought about it, what feelings could he been hiding? It's true, I literally don't know anything about him, maybe I should try to learn him better she thought to herself. "Anyways let me just finish this presentation for tommorow."

"Zoya!" Aadil shouted.
Zoya got startled hearing him shout like that and immediately left her cabin to see why he was shouting so loudly. "Jee k-kya hua sir? Sab t-thik hai? (Yes what h-happened sir? Is everything f-fine?)" Zoya asked a bit worried yet calmly.

"Yeh kya hai? Files yahan kyun pari hui hain? (What's this? Why are the files lying here?)" I think Safiya told you that day when she was explaining the work to you where to keep them right miss Zoya?" He asked in a stern voice.

"Y-yes sir, I'm sorry, jaldi jaldi mein yahan r-rakh diye galti s-se. (I was in a hurry, so I just p-put them here, m-mistakenly.)" She said a bit scared.

"You know I hate this kind of work, work must be done properly and perfectly, this is your office, not your home where you can just put anything anywhere you'd like." He said anger lacing in his voice.

"I'm s-sorry sir, dubara nehi h-hoga aisa. (This won't h-happen again.)"

"Fine you can go now, and put those files on their exact place." He said in a stern voice. "Jee sir. (Yes sir.)"

The presentation is starting soon, the clients also arrived and sir still isn't here Zoya thought to herself. And then the door opened and Aadil came. Everyone stood up from their chairs and greeted him. "Please sit down everyone." Aadil said. When everyone sat down he began talking.

"So the deal we wanted to discuss with you will be shown right away in the presentation which my secretary will present to you all." Aadil gave a small gesture to Zoya indicating her to start the presentation.

She immediately nodded and was opening the file to start the presentation, she was about to click on 'start' and said to herself: "Ya Allah I hope the presentation goes down well." And when she cliked on 'start' it didn't open, to her utter shock and disbelief, she tried again but the file still didn't open, then suddenly something appeared on the screen saying 'file doesn't exist' she started panicking, her palms were getting sweaty.

"Ya Allah yeh kaise ho sakta hai? Kya karun ab? (Ya Allah how can this happen? What should I do now)" She said mentally to herself.

"All fine miss Zoya?" Aadil asked now since it's taking a lot more time than usual to start the presentation. "W-woh sir, p-presentation ki f-file open nehi h-ho rahi. (Sir the p-presentation's f-file isn't opening.)" She said stuttering.

"What are you saying miss Zoya? You must be mistaken." He said trying to keep calm.

He immediately stood up from his chair and went to the laptop to check it, he clicked on 'start' and the same thing appeared on the screen again 'file doesn't exist'. He was getting very angry but tried to compose himself since the clients were present there, he tried again but without succes, so he made an announcement.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, there's been an technical issue due to which the presentation can't be held now, I hope you all can understand. We will decide a next meeting for this presentation. Thank you for understanding." He said authoritative.

People were shocked irritation evident on their faces, however they still left without uttering any single word, but Aadil felt the tensed atmosphere there and he was on the verge of bursting from anger.

When everyone left only leaving him and Zoya in the room. He immediately turned to her, she bowed down her head in embarrassment to the mistake she made.

"Do you have any idea what you've done right now?" Aadil asked calmly, yet she could sense the anger lacing in his voice. "S-sir I am sorry, I didn't m-meant to-"

"Shut up!" He cut her off by shouting. She lightly jumped out of fear. "You don't have any idea how much humiliation I have to go through now! Just because of your stupidity!" He said shouting.

"S-sir I saved the presentation, I d-dont know how this h-happened." She said scared tears welling up in her eyes. "Leave right now." He said trying to control his anger. 'B-but sir I-"

"Leave right now I said!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. She couldn't hold it back anymore and burst out crying running away and leaving the room.

Finally a chapter after a long time! I know I haven't been writing and updating for months, I am extremely sorry for that, but there were some problems going on, I'll try to update once a week now.😊

Soo.. guys what did y'all think of this part?😁
Aadil was too hard on her right?
Poor Zoya, she left crying..☹
Tell me your thoughts in the comments below!❤
And to find out keep reading and do like, comment and follow me❣