𝟬𝟴. the cheater

-  ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ chapter eight ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
       ﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

                                                 -   ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ chapter eight ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌       ﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

             AKIRA WAS A MAN OF MANY WORDS, but the recent situation he was presented with shocked him to the core. His siblings were in front of him, The oldest calm, and collected. The second was a wreck. Was it because it had been their mother's death anniversary and the same day his arm had become paralyzed and lifeless? Or was it because of a different reason. Now that was the question he wanted and answer too.

Layla was playing with the necklace she had on, or more specifically, the ring the love of her life gave her, Hikaru.

Hikaru was part of the royal family of Ohm, another realm that depended on the balance of magic. Hikaru and Layla were childhood friends that turned into lovers. Their fate of marriage had been sealed a year before Sky and Zara's was. But unlike Zara and Sky's engagement, Hikaru and hers was made public and celebrated across most of the realms. Some people like Riven considered it old fashion, barbaric even, the whole idea of alliance and arranged marriage. But Layla nor Hikaru's family minded, as long as their precious children agreed to it, and unlike most alliances in their families, Layla and Hikaru agreed because they loved each other.

Layla was happy and content, she had a somewhat perfect family, except for the pain and guilt that clouded her mind every time she thought of her courageous mother. She was in love with someone who returned her feelings, and she was almost finished her schooling, she had a job that she earned and worked hard for, and made her family proud.

But it was days such as these, where she was confused, and indirect, sloppy even. Many teachers excused it and all students stayed clear of her for today, was a day nobody could converse with her, not unless you were her siblings or her fiancée. Today was the day she was completely and unapologetically vulnerable.

Layla felt like she was being judged when she met the eyes of her older brother, the only teacher she could tolerate in this entire school. "What's wrong?" Akira asked, trusting Layla to tell him everything. Layla felt like a deer that was petrified when faced with sudden bright lights. "I-" she paused as she looked over at her younger sister, the apple of both her and Akira's eye. Zara gave a pleading look too Layla, silently begging her not to tell him what she learned today. More specifically, what Layla saw.

"I'm just scared, with the whole incident of the burned one and Zara's roommate, I just don't want her to get in harm's way" Layla said quietly as she looked down. Squeezing her eyes shut and cursing herself for lying to their elder brother, who kept their best interests in mind. Zara let out a silent breath of relief, but Akira froze in shock.

"Did you say there was a burned one within your vicinity?" Akira asked in a gentle tone, but when the two sisters looked up to meet his gaze, his eyes were filled with fury. "Last night, Bloom was beyond the barrier, and when I finally noticed, our roommates and I went looking for her, she was running from a burned one, if it wasn't for Ms. Dowling, I'm pretty sure most of us would be dead" Zara replied honestly, or at least tried too. Nobody but the girls of the Winx suite knew about Stella's ring, and Zara would like to keep it that way. Akira didn't calm down. "Dowling saved you?" Akira asked.