ii. kisses

tw: mentions of rape

✵✵✵

"Mer, why would you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" Izzie asks as they walk towards Bailey.

"I do want roommates, we're together a hundred hours a week, you want to live together too?"

Cristina walks to join them as they reach the end of the hallway, "Ooh, you're bringing bribes now?"

"Please," Athena begs, "The place I live now is a hole. I'm fairly certain that the guys in the apartment across from me are drug dealers."

"I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there," George pleads.

"It's not a bribe. I don't think it's a good idea."

"But I can put down last, first and deposit."

"It's totally a bribe."

"I can cook," Izzie says, "And I'm an obsessive cleaner."

"No. I just want three total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to, and it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte," Meredith affirms as they reach Bailey, who's descending the staircase.

"George, you're running the code team, Meredith and Athena, you guys work well together, take the trauma patients, Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients, Izzie, you're on sutures."

"Dr Bailey. I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" Meredith asked, holding the drink out to their resident.

"If she gets to cut, I want to cut too." Cristina cut in.

"Yeah, me too," Izzie said.

"I wouldn't mind another shot, I mean if everybody else is..." George mumbled

Athena rolled her eyes.

"Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whiny. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma patients answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the Pit, doing the sutures," She snatched the mocha latte from Meredith, "No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary freakin' Poppins."

"Mocha latte my ass," Cristina grumbled.

"Why're y'all standing there? Move!"