Catherine

What time is it already? I looked at my phone, and it is 3:10 in the morning. I’m so tired. I have to finish this so I can pass it tomorrow. I mean, later. The tomorrow I’m talking about is actually today. My environment is dark, and the only thing that provides light in this kitchen is my laptop. Finally, the last document I have to type is in my hands when I suddenly felt weak and dropped it. Great. I can’t see it. I adjusted my glasses, stood up, and took the phone on the far right side of the laptop when I accidentally hit my cup of coffee that is already in the edge of the table. Then bang. It crashed; and made things even worse. I have to clean up. Oh crap. The coffee spilled all over the place. The document! My sleepy head suddenly awaken. If that document is wet, I couldn’t finish this. Which means, I can’t pass it, and if I cannot, my job is taken, and if it is, I have no salary, and if I don’t have, I’m dead. I said to myself. I opened the flashlight of my phone and searched for the switch when the light hit a shadow of a person… with a knife in his hand. Oh my god. I quickly backed up, and went to the sink where the knife holder is found. I picked one knife up, put it before me as a defense and went forward—slowly and quietly. I found the switch and clicked it, things happened so fast I couldn’t remember those last seconds when the light turned on and before I realized it was just Skyler, my best friend. “Geeeezzz! For goodness’ sake CATHERINE!” We both put our hands in our chests, and catch our breaths. “What are you doing here? Why are you up so early?” she enter the kitchen, took my knife away from me and together with hers, she returned it back to the knife holder. “Actually… I didn’t sleep... Yet.” I said in a soft, fading voice. “What!? You got to be kidding me? Cath, it’s already 3 o’ clock in the morning. You should be resting by now.” She shouted in a kind of whispering way. “I can’t. I have to finish this or else I’m done!” I replied back, in the same way and expression as she did. Instead of answering back, she rolled her eyes, bent down, and picked up the broken pieces of the cup. I followed her to help but she refused. “I got this. Now, go finish whatever you are doing and I’ll clean this mess up.” That’s my best friend.  To be honest, she’s more of a mother than actually a close companion. She cares about me. A lot. I’m so blessed to have such wonderful friend like her. Around quarter to 4, we were both done with our works so we took a nap…

To be continued. Am a bit busy this week. :)