Chapter-56

Jungkook was relentless. He spent all his time huffing and puffing in the private gym of his apartment. He and a couple of other members had bought their respective apartments in the same building because the security was excellent, plus they wanted to be at a reachable distance to one another.

He doesn't know how Selene has been doing. She probably wasn't thinking much of him. She had enough soulmates to focus on, ones she really came to accept. He didn't want their connection to happen this way. He wanted to give time to her and himself. So she could at least entertain the idea that she might have another soulmate and for himself to believe that Selene wouldn't leave after finding out like she did last time.

He knows he shouldn't have reacted so hastily. But Selene didn't stop him either. Well, she had, but only so she won't get sick, which was valid. However, that wasn't the reason he wanted her to state. He wanted her to stop him because she wanted him there- because she wanted to give him a chance as well. Maybe he wasn't good enough. So he worked up all that sweat in the gym, in the dance practice, in his vocal lessons; he tried to be good enough. He pushed to prove himself that he was. Army and the members always called him the 'Golden Maknae' he laughed to himself, what golden maknae? He couldn't even get his soulmate to accept him.

He had gotten a call from Namjoon a couple of days back, asking him to come back and that they could talk patiently, but he refused. He knows his Hyungs will always want what's best for him, and he was probably the one that convinced Selene for this too, but he didn't want their relationship to start on someone's plead.

"You should talk to her, Jungkook-ah. At least come for some time. You guys can figure this out." Namjoon spoke over the phone.

"No, Hyung. I can't. Thank you for setting this up, but I can't face her just yet."

"What even happened? What is the reason?"

Jungkook held his breath for a moment. He didn't want to tell him he was scared that she might leave them all. He didn't want them to think he might jeopardize their relationship. But he couldn't lie either. So he said, "I'll tell you soon, Hyung. Right now, I have some things to focus on."

"Okay," His Hyung relented, and he sighed in relief. He never lied to his Hyungs, and he wasn't about to start now. Namjoon continues, "Do you at least wanna know how she's doing?"

Jungkook held his breath for a second. Did he? Was he ready to face that she was happy without him? That she didn't need him in his life? That she was content with living her life no matter if he was in it or not? Thinking this made the pain surge in his heart.

Why couldn't he have a normal relationship with his soulmate? Why did he have to tiptoe around that subject? Selene wasn't ready to accept him, and he wasn't keen on accepting that fact.

"No," He had replied, shaking his head.

"But Jungkook-ah-" Namjoon began,

"No, Hyung! I- I can't-" He exhaled, "I'm sorry." He said, cutting the call.

That was five days ago.

His other Hyungs called to check up on him too, and as he requested, they didn't talk about Selene. They all were worried about him- them, but they didn't push him, and he was grateful for that.

Right now, he was having a zoom session with his vocal coach when he was interrupted by the ringing of his phone. The name displayed Hoseokie Hyung. He let it go unanswered, thinking he could call him back after the session. However, Hoseok didn't wait. He sent a follow-up text which read they had a meeting in an hour in the apartment. Their manager will be coming to discuss their future actions.