Don't leave

No one POV

So that's how it all ends.

You never know when or how something is going to stop or if this thing will ever stop. We think that everything is eternal, that we will have eternity for us.
That everyone will be able to live their life as they wish.
  But how to react when a chapter of our life comes to an end.
What to do ?

Cry for everything to go back to the way it was? Yell at this antity not to hurt us more?

Everyone reacts differently to the obstacles of life, everyone fights differently for their success, for their love, simply for life.

And if ever everything ends up stopping who will end up fighting, and who will end up giving up for fear of losing the fight in advance?

Some say that going away from the source of the problem will solve it.
I say that if we run away from a problem without solving it, it will end up coming back at our expense.
But then if we solve the problem before the person leaves what will happen? Remorse, regret, tragedy?
They say a person's first impression is the most important, but what about the last? What if the last discussion with this person ends up making us hate them?
The last sentence we say to him ends up being the first sentence of a new stage?

Well this situation is felt by two beings in the world right now...

Meredith was devastated when she heard the news.
Devastated not only by the fact that her friend is leaving but also since the latter is not only her friend.
She knows she's attracted to him, she knows it.
And yet every time she sees him she has to play it cool because she happens to be with a guy from Minnesota.
And the icing on the cake: they are no longer together.
It's true, before she could have said something, she could have prevented him from leaving, she could have kissed him endlessly and stuck him against a wall to prevent him from leaving.
But not anymore.
Now she has to pretend that everything is fine, that she is not affected more than anyone else.
No more than Megan... Because she knows that the latter is attracted to him, even so how not to be?
She must be strong today, she must not cry. But it's her last day on the job and she'll probably never see him again.
She will no longer see his beautiful smile and his blue eyes. She won't hear him say her name again. She will never hear him pronounce his first name.... She is angry not only with him but also with herself, she lets him go. She lets him leave her. Maybe their relationship didn't last long, maybe they could have, they should have fought more. Or just maybe it was destiny. Perhaps fate had predicted Hayes' departure. Maybe he had purposely separated them so that she wouldn't suffer too much, so that he wouldn't suffer too much...

then, these beings who before were happy together are no longer so today.

He had to make this decision to save her from problems.
But maybe hiding behind Hunt and his sons was his will.
He could have stayed but he doesn't feel like he used to.
The nightmare he lived with Hunt and Altman brought back memories. Traumatic moments, nightmares.
And maybe if it hadn't been for the accident he would have found another pretext.
To get away from Seattle, from her...
He loves her, he always knew that.
From the first time he saw her.
He knows right now that she's angry, that she wants to cry, to scream, that her heart is broken.
But if he has to do it for someone, it's for her.
So he walks away from her, doesn't look her in the eye, takes refuge where she isn't.
He can't see her today because he might change his mind.
And he can't.
So he runs away from the truth and the last chance he will have to talk to her.
He will never forget it.
He knows it.
She’ll figure it out someday.

Too much water has flowed under the bridge (or whatever), there have been too many things left unsaid.
Each will have to find its place without the other, each will have to learn to live without the other.

And hopefully everyone will be happy.

×××

That’s what I’m coming back with.
There will be no fiction about it, I don’t even know if I’m going to keep it.
I just wrote after watching the episode and left it in the drafts.
I thought about it for a while and decided to post it. Feel free to tell me what you think, and what I can do better.
Bye <3