i. meetings, greetings

❛𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘧𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘴❜

There she was, a sense of deja vu washed over her. Standing in the corner of the room, untouched glass of wine in hand. Her neat braided hair rest on her left shoulder, light make up applied on her face, red satin dress hung tightly around her body.

This had been the thousandth time she's done this, attending parties her manager had scheduled, 'a chance for you to make connections, to make a name for yourself' said her manager.

It was pretty useless since she was quite well known throughout the music industry of her generation, though not very famous, she was still known. Besides, she thought that these parties she attended were all completely useless to her.

She barely spoke to anyone, only making polite conversation to those who went over to her, not likely to talk about her music, instead to sweet talk and flirt with her. She was tired of it, honestly. She wondered to herself why she agreed to attend these parties anyways.

❛𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥, 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦

𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘺❜

The place this party was held was all too familiar for her. Warm lighting, monotone walls, a big enough space for a concert, filled with youngsters to middle-aged people. Some looking for business partners, some looking for talented protegees, some looking for a scouting agency, and some-- like her, was forced to attend.

Honestly, she was one of the many teenagers attending the party, most of them were staring into space, bored out of their minds, standing beside their parents.

She was supposed to be making conversations with people who could make her name and reputation grow, producers, agencies, co-workers perhaps?

It was pointless, the party was packed with hundreds, but yet she still felt lonely as she stood on the dark corner of the room.

She was a freshly-turned seventeen teenager, standing alone in a room full of strangers, a few were creeps who kept looking at her in all the wrong places. Glancing at her watch, she noticed it was only a little after eight, and she promised her manager she would be there at least for three hours.

That meant an hour to go. She internally groaned at the thought, she sighed and closed her eyes, leaning her head back to the wall behind her.

❛𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘷𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘺

𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘴𝘢𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦❜

Opening her eyes after a few minutes, she shifted her bored eyes from person to person, scanning the room. Just then, her breath got caught in her throat as she locked her emerald green eyes with a pair of enchanting brown eyes.

She stared at the boy, looking at him intently. Brown messy hair, thick eyebrows, brown eyes, really pretty pink lips, and his body- Christ, he was built. She couldn't stop staring at him, the boy holding a drink on his right hand, standing next to a raven-haired man, just as attractive.

But oh, she was so enchanted by the brunette.

❛𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶❜

On the other side, James was just as enchanted as she was. He couldn't take his eyes off her, she looked somewhat familiar, but he couldn't think of anyone he knew. He didn't notice that he had been staring at those beautiful green eyes for so long--

"James!" Sirius snapped him out of his thoughts as his best friend hit the back of his head.

"Ouch!" James grimaced, "What was that for?"

"I've calling out your name for 5 minutes." Sirius told him, an unimpressed look etched on his face.

"Oh."

"Whaddya mean, 'Oh?'" the annoyed boy questioned, "What were you looking at anyways?" Sirius followed his bestfriend's line of sight and saw her. "Oh."

Slowly, a smirk grew on his face. He turned towards James and said, "Care to join her?"

Not waiting for a reply, Sirius stalked over to the girl while downing the drink on his hands. James, not wanting his bestfriend to act like, well-- himself, quickly joined him and the two walked together towards the lonely girl.

❛𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥,"𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘵? "❜

As she stared into his eyes, she saw a tinge of familiarity there, and she started to wondered if he recognized her. But that thought vanished when a hint of confusion make its way to his face.

She noticed he had snapped out of their staring contest when the boy beside him smacked the back of his head, which caused her lips to quirk upwards at the sight of him rubbing the back of his head. They switched a few words until,

❛𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮,

𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦❜

When she locked eyes with the stormy gray eyes beside him, her hands grew sweaty when she noticed he was walking over to her. A second after, the brown-eyed boy was following after. The girl looked down with wide eyes, growing more and more nervous as they drew closer.

"Hello." A deep voice greeted her. She finally looked up to meet the stormy gray eyes. "Sirius Black." he

"Hi." She started softly, "Gracie Jones." Her eyes moved towards the brown eyes beside him. Finally, she heard his breathy voice.

"James Potter."