Chapter 4

Last thing that happened:

"Bye, bye, NS" he smirked, then shot into the sky, flying. Man, that guy gave me feelings I didn't know I had.

-----------

I stood on the street, looking at the spot where he was, then shook my head and started flying. I ended up landing in a tree, thinking. I looked over at a large building that had music blasting--probably some sort of party--and started to conjure up a plan; why not crash the party?? But what would I wear...I saw a dress shop and grinned; I'll just borrow it, then return it after.

I walked over to the building to see what kind of party it was; it turned out to be a costume party, which mostly revolved around dancing. I sighed and walked to the store, and went through the back door; I may have had to pick a lock, I may not have.

I saw a shimmery dress that stopped just below the knees, and had many colors; purple, green, pink...the colors were layered, but we're layered with a sheer material. It kind of reminded me of...of a hummingbird! Yes!

I snatched the dress up, and looked for a mask of some sort; I found a mask that matched, and had feathers and fake diamonds on it. I ran to the back, having a bit of trouble as it was pitch black, but then finding out that I could see everything perfectly in the dark. Well, that sure is a perk of being able to control shadows.

I slipped on the dress, and looked down at it; the top was fitted, and the rest just sort of flowed downward. I usually didn't wear dresses, but this...this was spectacularly gorgeous. I put my mask on, shoved my suit in a purse I found, then looked for wings or something of the sort. I found wings that were meant to look collapsed, and were hanging downward, so I put them on; they were a shimmery greenish-pink. I loved how they simply hung there, and I didn't need them sticking out.

I snuck out the back door, locked it, and stopped in my tracks; I forgot shoes. I exhaled sharply and turned around towards the door. I unlocked it again, found silver heels, and slipped them on. I decided that my makeup was decent enough, and I finally locked the door, satisfied with what I was wearing.

I walked down the street, and walked into the front doors; apparently I looked like someone official, because the guards let me in. I walked in, completely in awe; there were lights strung everywhere, and white sheets were hung on the ceiling, making everything look surreal. There were flowers everywhere; some strung with lights, and others just set around everywhere.

"It's beautiful, right?" I heard a girl ask. I turned to look at her, and recognized her as Ocean Pull; she was wearing a mermaid costume.

"Ocea--" I started to say, but she clamped a hand over my mouth. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Are you trying to make the whole room charge at me?!? Who are you?!" She whispered/yelled at me.

"NS" I mumbled under her firm grip. "You met me with RF" I mumbled. She released me, then slightly smiled.

"Hey! Could you uh not use my super name here? Just call me...Oceana" she said quietly. I nodded at her, and she slightly smiled.

"Just call me Nightshade for now" I said, looking around and watching guys in tuxedos sweep girls into dances. She followed my gaze, then stared at a guy in a lion mask.

"You should go ask him to dance" I said and nudged her playfully. Her cheeks turned pink, and she looked at the floor.

"I don't know..." She said, playing with her thumbs; she reminded me of someone I knew, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Go on!" I laughed; I had added my voice modulator to my mask, so my voice was high pitched and unusual. I gave her a slight shove forward, and she walked towards him; as soon as the guy saw her, he let go of who he was dancing with, and swept her into a dance. After that, he wouldn't stop staring at her.